Perfect Plan - Jukebox Heroes EP

Stefan

0009756616_350.jpg

From Frontiers:

Sweden's Perfect Plan continue work on their second studio album, but as a treat for fans, have released a digital only covers EP, "Jukebox Heroes" featuring covers of songs by Foreigner, GIANT, Survivor, & The Storm (an American supergroup featuring Gregg Rolie, Steve Smith, Ross Valory, Josh Ramos, & Kevin Chalfant). 

”We are so excited to have been given the possibility to do these four cover songs. We had so much fun making this tribute to our idols, who we listened to growing up. We think that the EP showcases what the band is all about: having fun making high quality AOR/Melodic Rock. This was also a way to fill the gap between records for our fans while working on the next album. About the next album, we are in the middle of pre-production and it’s going great. We are so excited and proud of the songs and can’t wait to share them with the world!” - Perfect Plan

Edited by Stefan

1 hour ago, Glen said:

good attempt at Storm but Chalfant was untouchable back then 

Yep

On 9/17/2019 at 9:11 AM, Glen said:

good attempt at Storm but Chalfant was untouchable back then 

They absolutely nailed the music.  Definitely a good attempt on the vocals but...not exactly the track I'd have picked from that album.

Idea that will never happen but I think should:

Stop including acoustic renditions as bonus tracks and do covers of AOR classics instead. There are some REALLY good musicians putting out solid material right now and I'd love to hear them pay tribute to the previous generation like this. That Survivor cover is phenomenal and I know I'm not the only one who was pleasantly surprised to see a Storm cover as well.

Like, how cool would it be to hear one of these newer studio projects cover Virginia Wolf? Or Boulevard? Or Signal? Or Strangeways? Or some other band that only we (as their target demographic) are going to recognize anyway?

• Like 1