Champlin Williams Friestedt - 2

Stefan

New song from the upcoming new album.

From facebook back in January:

We had a very productive week last week and now 9 out of 10 songs are recorded for the NEW Champlin Williams Friestedt Album!!!

Edited by Stefan

1 hour ago, gener8tr said:

Absolutely love this band.  The last album was brilliant... really looking forward to the new one.

What he said...Promises to be great

• My Little Pony

The last album had a couple hiccups. Especially their cover of "After the Love Has Gone." But I love their sound. 

While waiting for the new full album release, the '10 Miles' EP is released on August 24th.

10_miles-44879040-.jpg

1. 10 Miles
2. Amanda's Disguise
3. Lavender Moon 
4. Ocean Drive
5. Letter To God - Unplugged
6. Aria - Radio Edit

I'm in on the EP... Through normal channels, I suspect? 

I've mentioned this before, but I have no problem mentioning it again... NEH gets all of my business for new releases.  Yeah, I could probably save a dollar using amazon, but Mike has been nothing short of great the past 20 years or however long I've been buying from him.  And no, I do not know him personally nor do I receive any discount for spreading the word... I'm just old school, and NEH is, too.      

• 2 weeks later...

6a00d8341ca36653ef025d9b3b75b1200c-pi

Press release from Black Lodge Records:

Black Lodge Records are immensely proud to present the signing of Champlin Williams Friestedt for a new milestone release in AOR. This follows on the heels of the success with “CWF” and the “Live In Concert” DVD that made it all the way to the top of the Swedish charts.

Champlin Williams Friestedt consists of renowned TOTO singer Joseph Williams, composer of film and drama scores and can also be heard in Disney’s animated feature film “The Lion King” as the singing voice of adult Simba.
Teaming up with none other than Bill Champlin formerly of the legendary band Chicago and critically acclaimed guitarist, producer and recording artist Peter Friestedt, the album “II” also includes contributions from vocalist, Michael McDonald, drummer John JR Robinson (Michael Jackson, Quincy Jones), Randy Goodrum (Toto, Chicago), Tamara Champlin and Polar price 2020 winner Diane Warren among many others.

With the TOTO haunting “10 Miles” to the CHICAGO sounding ballad “Between The Lines” and the soulflavoured “Love In The World” to the straight forward rock track “Runaway Dancer” this album really takes you on a Journey:

The album was recorded at Goldmine Studios & Friestedt Productions Studio and produced by Peter Friestedt, Bill Champlin and Joseph Williams.

Tracklist: 
Runaway Dancer
10 Miles
Love in the World
Amandas Disguise
Between the Lines
Look Away
All That I Want
Restless Love
Price of Love
Sometimes You Win

• My Little Pony

Also, signing to Black Lodge Records is an interesting move. I had no idea who they were. Just checked 'em out. They're primarily a Death Metal (and the like) label. CWF definitely sticks out like a sore thumb on their roster. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Smooth as silk and a great album (as with the debut). Top notch Westcoast from 2 of the genre's best vocalists.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Listened to the album today and it's a nice listen though "A new milestone release in AOR" it most definitely is not. Best track for me is the WOA sounding "Runaway Dancer".