Special/Deluxe/Limited CD Editions

nyoilers

• 2023 Gold Donors

What's your opinion about all these special edition releases on CD? It seems like there's always a couple different options.The latest one that I've noticed is the new Iron Maiden- Live Book of Souls.There's the regular 2CD release.There's a special 2CD with book release and an exclusive,limited release only available at Walmart where you get the 2CD release plus a figurine and medallion.I personally like the book release because I can actually read it as opposed to the insert.Will anybody really buy all 3 releases ?

I appreciate having the option to get a special edition with extras, if it is a band I really like, so I am for it.  I personally can't see buying all 3, but some collectors might.  I would much prefer bands put out packages like this rather than some of those reissues/remasters of albums that have little to no bonus content and for which the prior versions sound just fine and are still readily available.

My favorite option is vinyl+cd compo, but, alas, only few labels are doing this (btw, I sent numerous inquiries to Frontiers proposing them  to adopt this method, but they never bother to reply).   And thus I'm buying either the Japanese version (cheapest option available) or the vinyl version. Sadly, this wasn't the case with the latest Tony Mills'cd and I ended buying the regular version with the crappy digipack case. 

• 2023 Gold Donors
On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 3:32 PM, martinsane said:

They are cool for choice, but it is bothersome when they release one and then a year later is another and so on. That to me is just a cash grab.

Yeah,I'm not understanding that Tom Keifer release at all.He waited 3 years to re-release his latest CD.