Cover songs

Darkstone

15 hours ago, Darkstone said:

I'm proud to say that I had this single when I was a mere 8 years old.

KISS were big down here then.

Norman Gunston is Iconic for Aussies of my vintage. 

The face ln the bottom left says it all. Hilarious. 

Sure isn't Sam Newman, not Norman.

• 2024 Gold Donors
4 hours ago, Doggy said:

Sure isn't Sam Newman, not Norman.

I'm sure you remember as I do the "Black and White Minstrel Show".

These days it's incredible to think that this was considered wholesome family viewing at the time. 

There's absolutely no way something like this would fly today.

• 6 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• 2024 HH Donation Drive

Please support Heavy Harmonies! The donations goal is the out-of-pocket expenses to run the main site and this board for calendar year 2024.

60% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
    • Jon Anderson & The Band Geeks-True L.A.Guns-Renegades The Nail-S/T Radioactive-Reset Michael Schenker-My Years With UFO
    • I get that and I've done that too. But I also like creating an anthem which I feel could chart.  For example this. Tried to create a boy band like song but with a rap and street urban styled - I love it and lyrics are great.  https://suno.com/song/f726cc65-11c3-48d0-a1b5-ecdeb748f63e
    • Yeah, I noticed you using goth a bit too, but the results not sounding overly goth the way I imagine it, but actually providing a pretty cool result. I might even plug it in soon for a test.  Haha, I like the idea of your part II album. I am generally trying to keep one version of each song so that becomes "the" song, but I do have a couple of versions of some of the ones that were too good to dismiss.  All that said, I am no covering all my tunes to get a licensable version. Having a lot of issues, lol, but the process is on.  Yeah, when I discovered the site I put in a few AI lyrics but that only gave me a few minutes of joy as I had no connection to the songs. I don't know if I mentioned it in my first post in this thread, but that's why I played with Suno initially, and then forgot about it for months, until I came back when I saw you could use your own lyrics.  Most videos you see on youtube are all with people using AI lyrics and that is totally cool for whatever people enjoy, but I'm the same, mate, if I'm not using my own lyrics the longevity isn't there for me at all. As terrible as they are, lol, all my songs are of personal relevance to me - those older ones, I regret to say, too, lol. Not to say each song is based squarely on my life, but even the random fictitious and/or embellished ones are from my own stupid mind. The writing lyrics and seeing the song come to life is what I get a kick out of most with this whole thing. 
    • Nice cover of Skillets - Crossfire by No Resolve.  
    • New single, Nice...  
    • Love this, just a pure fun song and catchy as fuck, get used to hearing this as it's going to blow up and be everywhere.  
    • A sublime progressive rock concept album offering from the solo project of Nine Skies' Anne-Claire Rallo. Music composed by Frant1c Recorded by Anne-Claire Rallo & Alexandre Lamia Mixed and mastered by John Mitchell @ Outhouse Studios Linktr.ee: https://linktr.ee/frant1c Bandcamp: https://frant1c.bandcamp.com Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/frant1cband Full album...  
    • www.steelgallery.com/asr/ Limited Edition 1000 Handnumbered CDs (ASR CD-091) Release Date: December 6th, 2024 ORDER NOW! HERE: https://steelgallery.com/metal-store/... First review at FORGOTTEN SCROLL webzine: https://www.forgotten-scroll.net/meta...   Arkeyn Steel Records proudly presents: MARCHELLO - The Power of Money CD     Yes, it is happening again!!! "The Power of Money" The second, "lost" full length by Marchello from New York, US will be reissued on CD including lots of bonus tracks!   A brilliant mixture of AOR, Hard Rock and guitar shredding Melodic Metal featuring the virtuoso guitarist and singer Gene Marchello. Recorded back in 1991 but never released on time. A real masterpiece, highly demanded by fans and collectors worldwide not just because of its "lost" status, but because it is an amazing melodic Hard Rock / Metal album. Arkeyn Steel Records reissue features completely remastered audio plus bonus tracks from the 1985-1986 demo session produced by the legendary Bob Kulick. Updated artwork and layout by Kostas Athanasoglou plus lyrics and photos complete the package. The whole Marchello reissue project was supervised by Giles Lavery, the current singer of the mighty WARLORD, who also does some serious work in the music business worldwide. Giles has also written the liner notes included in the reissue: Some never heard before stories and valuable information are revealed in the booklet liner notes for the very first time. Arkeyn Steel Records also reissued the band's "Destiny" debut. The first pressing was sold out mostly on the pre order status. We did a second pressing that was sold out as well. "The Power of Money" reissue comes to complete the series.    Marchello was a phenomenal band, at least that is what is said by everyone that has witnessed their shows back in New York's rock 'n' roll days of the late 80s. The Arkeyn Steel Records reissue series gives everyone the chance to discover or rediscover the band's brilliant music! For fans of EUROPE, FIFTH ANGEL (second album), TNT, JOSHUA, BANSHEE, TALISMAN, HOUSE OF LORDS and JOURNEY!   Tracklist: 1. The Magic Comes Alive 2. Boys Night Out 3. Every Man's Lover 4. Wall Of Paper 5. The Power Of Money 6. Rock Me 7. All God's Angels 8. Good Good Girls 9. Sleazy Street 10. Running Man 11. Dancers 12. Spitting Image 13. Riot 14. I Feel Good 15. Livin' For Number One (Demo) 16. Destiny (Demo) 17. Tight Pants (Demo) 18. She's Magic (Demo) 19. Winners Never Lose (Demo) 1-14 The Power Of Money (Unreleased Album 1991) 15-19 Unreleased Demo 1986

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.