Cover songs

Darkstone

• 2023 Gold Donors
40 minutes ago, Doggy said:

Riot done a version of " Devil Woman " on their Born In America CD.

I wasn't aware of this one. Thanks mate. 

It's okay, but I still prefer the "Jane Doe" version.

I've also posted the original for context. Still a cracker, even though it's Cliff.

• 2023 Gold Donors
2 hours ago, Darkstone said:

The original is KILLER!

This is very much a worthy tribute. Thanks for sharing mate.

As I said before I'm not usually a fan of covers but this I like, and as you said is a worthy tribute to a KILLER! song.

• Like 1

Cyclone Tracy done Neil Young's " Old Man " on their Aussie release, where Japanese release has KISS' " War Machine " on their One Eyed release.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

Tim Cappello/The Call - I Still Believe. 

Well fuck me. 

I love this track and only found out today that Cappello's iconic version from "The Lost Boys" is actually a cover.

The version by "The Call" is the original! 

On 2/15/2021 at 7:05 AM, Darkstone said:

I wasn't aware of this one. Thanks mate. 

It's okay, but I still prefer the "Jane Doe" version.

I've also posted the original for context. Still a cracker, even though it's Cliff.

Oh man, you will hate this one but there's a version of this song by Cradle of Filth (feat. King Diamond)! :D

• 2023 Gold Donors
48 minutes ago, All Nights Reserved said:

Oh man, you will hate this one but there's a version of this song by Cradle of Filth (feat. King Diamond)! :D

Yeah, you're right. I'm not into that one at all.

11 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Yeah, you're right. I'm not into that one at all.

That's because it's shit. Perfect example of a song that has been taken to a place that it shouldn't have been.
They're like "let's cover a pop song, and give it a metal spin, but try to keep the pop vibe"
Weird

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
14 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

That's because it's shit. Perfect example of a song that has been taken to a place that it shouldn't have been.
They're like "let's cover a pop song, and give it a metal spin, but try to keep the pop vibe"
Weird

Yeah, it is weird. I love a good cover, but can't imagine that it was popular amongst their fanbase and lovers of the original would hate it, so what's the point?

11 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Yeah, it is weird. I love a good cover, but can't imagine that it was popular amongst their fanbase and lovers of the original would hate it, so what's the point?

Their fanbase liked it. They are so-called open minded people. ;)

• 2023 Gold Donors
44 minutes ago, All Nights Reserved said:

Their fanbase liked it. They are so-called open minded people. ;)

I consider myself to be very tolerant of all music genres. If it's good, I can appreciate it. If it's shit, I can't. 

Don't get me wrong, the music is fine, but those vocals are ridiculous really. I can understand maybe 12 year olds thinking it was cool, but I can't understand how grown adults can listen to that cookie monster shit.

49 minutes ago, Darkstone said:

I consider myself to be very tolerant of all music genres. If it's good, I can appreciate it. If it's shit, I can't. 

Don't get me wrong, the music is fine, but those vocals are ridiculous really. I can understand maybe 12 year olds thinking it was cool, but I can't understand how grown adults can listen to that cookie monster shit.

It means you need to be more tolerant to understand music/vocals like this. But that's okay. We are not the same.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, All Nights Reserved said:

It means you need to be more tolerant to understand music/vocals like this. But that's okay. We are not the same.

You like Rap? Country & Western? Death Metal? Grunge? Hip Hop? Classical? K-Pop? J-Pop? Etc?
If the answer in no to any of those, you could apply your own argument to yourself :)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mr.AOR said:

Nice...

That's a cool cover.
They took everything heavy from the original and made it heavier.
Added fills and changed it up just enough.
I'm not a huge fan of female vocals as a rule, particularly when covering a song originally sung by a male, but she nailed it.

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, Mr.AOR said:

Nice...

She's as hot as fuck (I still think of Megan Fox when I see her) and that is a great version, but this is the ultimate version IMO.

12 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

You like Rap? Country & Western? Death Metal? Grunge? Hip Hop? Classical? K-Pop? J-Pop? Etc?
If the answer in no to any of those, you could apply your own argument to yourself :)

Yes, dude. But don't worry I know I'm not perfect either. :)

• 2023 Gold Donors

Heaven and Hell × 6.

I posted the "Bridger" version recently and it reminded me of how much I love this classic track. 

TBH, I think all of these versions are worthy tributes, including the acoustic one, but if I had to choose, I think I'd go with "Bridger". Pure class!