Fierce Heart

KarpetRydOFunk

• My Little Pony

So I checked my disc when I got home. My disc. And it wasn't the Reborn Classics boot, but the Retrospect copy. So, I was right. But you lot said there never was an official release. And Andrew said the same on his site.

Now, on the main site, in the comments, someone claiming to be Rex Carroll said he was trying to get this reissued, back in 2003. And then someone claiming to be Larry Elkins said he owned the rights to all the music, and that Rex Carroll didn't have the right to authorise its reissue. And that was in 2005.

So clearly there's a story here. Were those people who they said they were? Was any of what they said true? Was Retrospect's release not official? Sounds like some of you know, so enlighten me.

post-3471-0-55621400-1455863925_thumb.jpg

• My Little Pony

Bloody hell. Is it gonna tell you you have no permission to view that attachment?

Yes

OK. Well, it was a photo of the backside of the booklet which has the tracklisting, followed by the band members, and then:

"Well folks here it is my first album Fierce Heart. Due to very high demand and the very good graces of Sam McCaslin at Retrospect Records, it is presented to you once again for the first time ever on cd. Recorded in the summer of 1985 at Unique Studios in New York City with Chris Lord-Alge producing, it was an absolute joy to make. My intention was to make this one record and move on, sort of like the grop "Blind Faith". Thank you to all of my fans throughout the years on all of my records and hope you enjoy this timeless rock album.

Larry Elkins"

So, why then is this not considered the first official release on CD?

• My Little Pony

Bloody hell. Is it gonna tell you you have no permission to view that attachment?

Yes

So, why then is this not considered the first official release on CD?

Is the back of your disc blue with Zerox artwork?

Nope.

• My Little Pony

Is this AOR Boulevard's primary means of distribution? It's roughly $30 shipped, so I'd rather find another source.

Is this AOR Boulevard's primary means of distribution? It's roughly $30 shipped, so I'd rather find another source.

NEH are going to stock it I believe

• My Little Pony

NEH are going to stock it I believe

Cool. Unfortunately, with our dollar, the price won't be much different.

Hi...im the bloke who put this cd out...aor heaven is our distibution world wide.right at the last minute they decided they dont want this this cd.so i have to go back to plane b..find other ways..NEH Records will have the cd as i have sent them the cd for USA customers.

• 1 month later...
  • My Little Pony

Wasn't this one previously released through Retrospect Records? If so, is there any difference between them (besides the cover art)?

Haha. Bud, that's what I started this whole topic to discuss. ;}