Sweet Cyanide - Music For Saints, Made By Sinners Vol. 1

Stefan

46516E7A-A29E-BC0F-EB6BEDA709561DF6.jpg

From FB:

New York City hard rockers, Sweet Cyanide, began shaking up the Gotham music scene in 2008 when Bronx natives Sal Scoca (Vocals & Guitar) and Angelo Fariello (Guitars) formed the band.The lineup was completed with the addition of Del Cheetah (Bass Guitar) and J Bomb (Drums) from NYC's very own SEX SLAVES.

Refering to themselves as "New York City's favorite bastard sons" Sweet Cyanide released their self-titled debut in 2009 and blazed a nation-wide touring trail that year opening for Halestorm, Bullet For My Valentine, and Pop Evil.Returning home in 2010, the band released Sweet Cyanide II and continued to headline shows in NYC. Sweet Cyanide's growing popularity earned them slots as main stage performers at the Sturgis Festival with Hinder, Three Doors Down, and Alice In Chains. The constant touring refined the band and their songwriting, resulting in 2012's Sweet Cyanide III. The album’s single "In My World" was in rotation on Sirius/XM's Octane and reached #43 on the national rock charts. Sweet Cyanide enjoyed the success of radio exposure well into 2013 performing alongside Def Leppard, Buckcherry and Slash. Sweet Cyanide kicked off 2014 with their new single "Better At Goodbyes" which was once again embraced on rock radio stations and climbed into the top 100 on the rock charts.

Band: Sal Scoca, Angelo Fariello, Del Cheetah, Jason "J-Bomb" Harrison

www.sweetcyanide.com

10301458_10152888440066253_5142718900481

Tracks:

In My World

Heavy

Bad Jesus

Friends Like U

American Me

Red Rats

Crash Theory

Heart Breaker

Walk On Water

Solitary Son

Better At Goodbyes

This Ship

I saw sweet Cyanide in New York City a couple weeks ago... Average at best. They were blown away by bands like Station, Nasty Habit, and Santa Cruz. I surely wouldn't go out of my way to see them again... and I passed on picking up their CD.

I saw sweet Cyanide in New York City a couple weeks ago... Average at best. They were blown away by bands like Station, Nasty Habit, and Santa Cruz. I surely wouldn't go out of my way to see them again... and I passed on picking up their CD.

Aww Dave they aren't that bad. Certainly no Station who is stupidly amazing, but still solid nonetheless.

Could have sworn I'd heard this band before, but maybe not? The previous discs don't look familiar, even though the band name is.

Anyway, that new song is frustrating. It's there for the taking. They almost nail it, but just don't. The other songs sound kind of similar. A lot of potential, but not sure they have it in 'em to really nail it.

• 7 years later...