Knock Out Monkey

martinsane

Some pretty tasty modern hard rock with impressive musicianship all around (tasty guitar works!) from Japan's Knock Out Monkey. Appears that a new album will be out early 2015.

This should appeal to the likes of Geoffrey, unfortunately he will give demerits for not singing exclusively in Engrish...

I personally love it, has a big B'zz vibe to it, Uncle Saxon would dig this a ton too I figure.

http://knockoutmonkey.com/

• My Little Pony

Some pretty tasty modern hard rock with impressive musicianship all around (tasty guitar works!) from Japan's Knock Out Monkey. Appears that a new album will be out early 2015.

This should appeal to the likes of Geoffrey, unfortunately he will give demerits for not singing exclusively in Engrish...

It's not that he'll simply give it demerits, but that he'll consider it unlistenable. I'm surprised they don't have English in the choruses, which is often the practice, but I actually prefer it this way. This is really good.

It's not that he'll simply give it demerits, but that he'll consider it unlistenable. I'm surprised they don't have English in the choruses, which is often the practice, but I actually prefer it this way. This is really good.

This guy is 100% right. Seriously, to me there is no point at all in listening to stuff in a foreign tongue. I know others disagree, but it honestly is like listening to my cat purr in my stereo all day.

Anyway, it is a real shame because I listened to the first 2 songs and both suffer from poor verses, but the choruses sound like pure magic, if they were singing in English.

As it is, it's just white noise with a nice sounding section in it. Big shame.