One Bad Son - Black Buffalo

Stefan

10171289_10152413632268337_8494315556605

This is great. Listen to 'Satellite Hotel', the singer sounds a bit like Mats Leven. Quite a lot in fact.

From FB:

Canadian hard rock band from Saskatoon, now living in Vancouver. It's a long way to the top, if you wanna rock and roll.

The spectrum of modern rock is typically split into two camps, with slick commercial chart-toppers on one side and flavour-of-the-month indie acts on the other. And then there's Vancouver's One Bad Son: an honest to goodness rock 'n' roll band that occupies a world of its own, cutting through the bullshit with cranked up amps and a resolutely DIY approach to music making.

Singer Shane Volk, drummer Kurt Dahl, guitarist Adam Hicks and bassist Adam Grant first joined forces in Saskatoon, SK. After releasing two albums and establishing themselves as one of the Praries' most explosive live acts, the four friends relocated to Vancouver in 2011 and inked a deal with 604 Records.

Having already carved on a fan base on the west coast, the band is now poised to release its self-titled third album. Produced by Default drummer Danny Craig, the album's 11 songs span everything from thunderous, '70s-flavoured rock to moody grooves and melancholic acoustic ballads. With some of these tracks already having made a mark on radio, the world is quickly learning about One Bad Son's independent spirit and timeless approach to rock music.

http://www.onebadson.com/

https://www.facebook.com/onebadson

15409_10152400293673337_2489833668603871

Comparing the singer with Mats Leven:

Excellent tune by One Bad Son! Definitely has that raspy upper range that the dude in Dogface has.....good find!

• My Little Pony

I had not heard of these guys, but my brother said that song is on the radio. Now I feel stoopid. How did my local radio beat me to this? Hopefully these guys aren't too big yet, so I can catch a show in Van soon.

• 4 weeks later...

Once the dude starts wailing it's not bad at all, but I don't like his voice on the verses.

I don't like anything about the verses at all, but the chorus is pretty good. Not sure this sounds like a band I'd be too interested in.