Skid Row - United World Rebellion: Chapter 2

AlphaMale

from odayrox:

SKID+ROW+-+Rise+Of+The+Damnation+Army;+U

SKID ROW returns with vengeance with their heart-pulverizing new seven song EP "Rise Of The Damnation Army; United World Rebellion Chapter Two". The album is slated for an August 5 release via Megaforce Records.

Skid Row returned to the music scene in 2000 opening for Kiss. Their penchant and love for performing is prevalent in their live concert setting. With the resurrection of Skid Row featuring new singer Johnny Solinger the band released two CD’s including Thickskin in 2003 and Revolutions Per Mind.

It seemed that during that time period Skid Row was looking for a new identity, trying to update their sound to modern times because it wasn’t the ‘80s anymore.

But with the resurgence of the classic melodic hard rock sound in the last five years or so, with this 2014 Skid Row fans rejoice. Scotti Hill & Co. have returned to their successful writing formula that launched the band into their heyday glory days with "Rise Of The Damnation Army".

Since the las year, Skid Row decided to release their music on EP's only. And it's a good move.

"Rise Of The Damnation Army" includes seven songs, they are to the point and not to long or too short.

The energy of the new music speaks volumes. The band whiplashes into what they do best with precise rocking execution.

Opening track “We Are The Damned” takes no prisoners with its heavy sonic assault. This song could very well be the very new 2014 'Youth Gone Wild' anthem. “Give It To The Gun” starts out with a killer bass hook from Rachel Bolan, and then the razor twin guitar riff takes the center scene, while the chorus invites you to rise your fist.

Next the band embarks on a beautiful ballad, “Catch Your Fall”, acoustically filled but with some electrics as well in the trademark Skid Row mould. A highlight where vocalist Johnny Solinger sings his heart out. “Damnation Army” is a monster rocker reminiscent of old school Skid Row plenty of gang vocals, while “Zero Day” is more groovy but not less rocking.

As plus, the band delivers two cover songs; a heavy but melodic take on Queen's classic “Sheer Heart Attack” with a ferocious guitar playing by Snake Sabo and Scotti Hill.

The other one is an incendiary version of Aerosmith's “Rats In The Cellar”, still bluesy yet pedal to the metal.

On this fresh EP, Skid Row digs deep into their past and perhaps releases the most exciting music since their debut. The songs are heavy hitting, reminiscent of “Slave To The Grind” era, and you feel the guys finally returned to the sound & style they love. An they Rock at it.

Good News ladies and gentlemen; the 'real' Skid Row is back. And said at the beginning, with vengeance.
KILLER.

01 - We Are The Damned
02 - Give It The Gun
03 - Catch Your Fall
04 - Damnation Army
05 - Zero Day
06 - Sheer Heart Attack (Queen cover)
07 - Rats In The Cellar (Aerosmith cover)

Johnny Solinger – Vocals
Rachel Bolan – Bass
Scotti Hill – Guitar
Snake Sabo – Guitar
Rob Hammersmith – Drums

PRE-ORDER:
www.unbreakablerecordings.com/shop/cd/rise-of-the-damnation-army-united-world-rebellion-chapter-two-cd/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGfLblVMnLM

I don't know...neither of these have overly impressed me. As far as Solinger Skid Row goes I go back to Thickskin which was so good. These just aren't catching me at all.

I don't know what's missing. The sound is great. The guitars are crisp and heavy. I guess it's just the songs aren't that memorable.

I have listened to it three times now and it's just okay to me.

I don't know what's missing. The sound is great. The guitars are crisp and heavy. I guess it's just the songs aren't that memorable.

I have listened to it three times now and it's just okay to me.

And bingo was his name!

The music is pretty darn good....however, the thing that I'm thinking is happening is that Solinger's vox is a bit flat. He doesn't extend the notes like Bas did/does and it could use that in some areas. Seems he sells the song a bit short on some of them. Some are good though......

I'll definitely buy it....