Ace Frehley - Space invader (new album)

Due out July 8th

10391422_10152013146130378_7734249539032

Ace Frehley has tapped long time friend and artist Ken Kelly to create the album cover for his SPACE INVADER, due out July 8th. The reveal comes exclusively through Rolling Stone today. Kelly, who created the iconic cover art for two of KISS’s best selling LPS, Destroyer (1976) and Love Gun (1977), says, "It was very exciting when I was approached with the idea of doing an album cover for Ace."

He continues, "I had spoken to Ace on a few occasions about the possibility, so I was delighted when it actually happened." Ace Frehley himself comments, ”I’ve been talking with Ken Kelly since 2007 about painting a CD Cover for me and it has finally happened! I couldn’t be more excited about the new Space Invader cover and the music behind it is also going to rock your world!”

With nearly 35 years between projects, KISS fans will surely be excited about this long-time duo working together again. Kelly concludes, "I am very pleased with the results and proud to play a part of Ace's continuing successful career!"

Read the article here - http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ace-frehley-enlists-kiss-destroyer-cover-artist-for-new-album-20140519

-Team Ace

Cool cover...in a kitschy/retro 70s sort of way.

"Anomaly" was decent (better than Paul's last solo album/sleeping pill anyway) so bring it on, Ace!

Cool cover...in a kitschy/retro 70s sort of way.

Well its been done by the guy who did two of Kiss' 70s albums, so I guess thats what he is going for.

I like it because it has that classic feel that metal/hard rock albums had in the 70s and early 80s.

Yeah, the artwork was done by the same person who did Destroyer........so, I'm diggin' it. Looking forward to hearing this album and see what Ace has up his sleeve this time. Hope it's good!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I really liked 'Anomoly' and this is really good too. Some strong tracks, especially the title track, 'Gimme a Feelin'', 'I Wanna Hold You', 'Change' and the excellent 'Starship'. Could have done without the cover of 'The Joker', which was never my favourite song anyway, but the rest is pretty good. A nice surprise, as I wasn't expecting too much