Earth,Wind and Fire

nyoilers

• 2023 Gold Donors

While they may be a good band,they are not a top ten or even a top 20 band.I did ask my 15 year old daughter if she heard of them and she said no.Maybe she might recognize a song of theirs but that doesn't escalate them into a top ten band.So basically what I'm saying is that if anyone here on this site listed their top 10 bands/performers/acts...,Earth,Wind and Fire would not make the list.

Ugh.... I think I'm gonna throw up.

This is HEAVY FUCKING HARMONIES..... a place for AOR/hard rock/metal fans.

Chatting about Earth, Wind and Fire??? WTF!!!!

C'Mon man!!!

And we post threads about hard rock bands that get 0 responses and then wonder why this board is so quiet.

:wtf::baneed:

• 2023 Gold Donors

^^^^ Just responding to something that was posted in another thread and decided to start a thread about EWF.I'll gladly talk about any rock groups but I must be honest.There's quite a few groups who some posters put on their best of 2013 list that I haven't even heard of.But on the other hand I'll post my top 5 of 2013 and can almost guarantee that 3 of the groups/performers will not be on anyone else's top 5 list.

It's cool man. I'm not beefing on what anybody likes. I just hate country/soul/hiphop threads started on a message board fully devoted to AOR/Hard Rock/Metal.

That would be like going on a car message board and talking sports.

• 2023 Gold Donors

While I am unable(for some reason) to quote or cut & paste on this site I'll have to do this the old fashion way.

To AlphaMale-Here are 7 groups you have in your top 15 of 2013 releases that I've never heard of.Faith Circus ,LaValle, Niterain,Vega,Newman,Fate ,Eden's Curse.Maybe I listen to commercial rock or American rock or whatever but here is my top 7 list of 2013.See if you've heard of any of these groups/performers:

1.David Bowie-The Next Day

2.Avenged Sevenfold-Hail To The King

3.Five Finger Death Punch-The Wrong Side of Heaven and ...Vol.1

4.The Rides-Can't Get Enough

5.Queens of the Stone Age-...Like Clockwork

6.Tom Keifer-The Way Life Goes

7.Scott Stapp-Proof of Life

I'll gladly talk about any of these performers and/or these CD's they've released in 2013.

• My Little Pony

All 7 on my list fill the bill of AOR/Hard Rock/Metal .

I'd say some of those fall under Modern Rock, which we generally file under "Other Music Styles."

• My Little Pony

It's cool man. I'm not beefing on what anybody likes. I just hate country/soul/hiphop threads started on a message board fully devoted to AOR/Hard Rock/Metal.

That would be like going on a car message board and talking sports.

Don't forget, we have a section devoted to "Other Music Styles."

• My Little Pony

If what I listen to is considered Modern Rock then Modern Rock should have its own category !

I'm inclined to agree with you.

• My Little Pony

I'm not entirely sure what you set out to accomplish with this thread, but why not post a few more songs. These are two of my favourites. One's a classic, and the other is fresh off their new album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR4zBLR93xU

• 2023 Gold Donors

I guess I did accomplish what I wanted .EWF is good but not worthy to be compared to the legends of rock and roll.If we categorize them,say as an R&B group,they may be top ten.But looking at the whole picture of music if you compare their body of work to others you will agree with me.

Also,it is interesting to me how people now can recognize a song but not identify it with a group.Since I was listening to the radio as the same time as my daughter we heard that REO Speedwagon was touring.I asked her if she ever heard of them and she said no.So I ask her if she'd ever heard I Can't Fight This Feeling Anymore and she says yes,I love that song !When growing up until right now if I hear a song that I like I try to find out who's performing it and check out more stuff by the band.