Jessic Prouty Band

Guest KPB

OK, I just got to this forum by searching Heavy Modern Rock... because that is the description that I'm using for a band that I manage, and before the official release date, I want to check that I am describing it accurately according to experts, because I've found that it is used as THE description in some of the early reviews. Metalmaniac, I've read some of your reviews that you have posted here, and I think that heavy modern rock is an apt description. It is similar to what you used for the band above and I listened to their song. The following is the single that the band has already released. Do you think the categorization fits?

Would the band fit on this page?

http://www.heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/genrelist.cgi?Genre=9

Any other experts, would love to hear your thoughts as well.

Best,

KP

www.JessicaProuty.com

Were I to review this--and by the way, I'm willing to if you want to set something up--I would describe it as modern hard rock. Or, more precisely, female-fronted modern hard rock. Based solely on that single, they definitely have a "hard" edge, but I'm not sure I would use the word "heavy" to describe them. But yeah, as Dan said, solid stuff in the Halestorm vein. Be interested in hearing the rest of the album.

So the "modern" fits and everyone seems to prefer hard rock over heavy. This is a real help! If there are any reviewers out there that would like an advance copy, either in hard copy or through a secret page, just email kp@jessicaprouty.com and let me know that you came through this forum. I think I will go update the press release and album information now.

And again, if anyone has any comments or suggestions, we would be happy to hear them. We have a presence in the New England, but with this CD, we would like to expand reach and this seems to be a good place to get feedback from people who know and pay attention.

Best,

KP

Thanks, Stefan, Dead Planet, Jez, fahrenheit, and, wow, just look at where you guys are from. You cover the globe, if you put the true location down: Finlandia, Canada, UK, Australia... and, of course, heavyharmonies from IL, USA.