Rod Stewart - Time

Deuce

I've been rather impressed with Rod Stewart's new album, Time. It's his first album of original material in over a decade and he co-wrote almost all of the songs. I'm only a casual fan, so I don't know if it hits the mark or not for his hardcore fans, but I think that it's a winner. There are some really cheerful songs and also some sad or reflective numbers that are rather touching. Good stuff, if you're into this kind of thing.

You know the missus bought this and although I'm not a fan of his stuff I thought it was okay. I was pleased to see him moving away from the bar crooner / cover version thing he has had going on for a while.

Not actually heard this yet, but I've heard it's quite good and a return to form. I like his early stuff from the Faces to his mid 70's output, then it gets a bit messy from then on, until a couple of good discs late 80's. Since then it's all been a bit to crooney for me as Nick says. Will check his new on out though

I think he's got a great voice, and I love the stuff he did with The Faces .... shame he went through that awful patch in the 80s ...

• 1 month later...