Team Chaos

66 mustang

This is Team Chaos. my daughters Travel Softball team. We play our first tournament of the season Saturday (well, that would be today as I look at the time) Wish us luck. We are the first travel softball team to be based out of Sportswise. This is the first game these girls will be playing together but i think that if we play our best line up we won't get scored on but you never know. Yes, I'm getting ready for some ball. First game at 2:00 eastern time wish us luck. I can't get the link to work that lets you look in on the games so see how we are doing.

1209183_381525358637260_312623162_n.jpg

How did they do? Sounds like the girls play good defense and/or have good pitching.

The girls did so good but finshed 1-3. These were our first games at a team. this is a brand new team and because of the rain we have had 2 days of practice on the field. Teams we played have been playing together for 3 and 4 years so although we didn't win we showed very good for our first time.

I look forward to seeing how much they progress through the season. I think they were pressing a bit on their throws at times but it was a great learning expierence. We won the first game then dropped the next two and the last game we had it won and the girls started pressing again and let the team come back and win 8-6. It was long and fun and they are just starting to become a team and support each other. The family's have all been great. the girls all get along so I feel very lucky to be a part of this group. the coach says she wants to keep the girls together till they reach 18.

That's what matters the most. I've coached various sports for fifteen years, never had a problem with the kids. Its the one or two parents that ruin for everyone else. Kids are having fun, nothing else should matter.

• 2 weeks later...

the coach has been ridding them hard the last couple weeks. we have tournament Saturday. coach started to make them run for dropped balls, bad throws.... it's awesome to watch. she talked to us parents after Wednesday's practice and was explaining that they are being hard on the girls now to get the best out of them because games are about having fun and not ridding them hard during games. I loved it, reminds me of my football playing days. 4 more games tomorrow and we dont start till 4:00 and our last game is at 9:30 so not getting home till about 1:30am sunday morning

Wish the girls luck. after this we move up for the rest of the season to player pitch tournaments

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

1378464_1404041899826495_1292158028_n.jpthe girls played hard this past weekend. after falling in the first game, which they had won till the bottom of the last inning, they were faced with going home. it was double elimination so they were fighting for their playing life from there on out. coming alive in game 2 and blowing out the team they played and getting another chance to play again they got a 2 hr break and had some pizza and that set up an amazing run. The girls then dismantled the next team they played. had about a 15 minute break and had to play again. the bats were again talking as they raced out to another victroy to put them in the Championship game against the team they lost to in the first game. the officials had "mercy" on our girls and gave them a 30 minute break between games. tired and worn out after playing back to back games they took the field again. Playing a solid game and staying strong and gutting out another game and rallying back in the bottom of the 5th inning fell short of the championship but we will take a 2nd place finish and set our goal higher for the next tournament.

1378464_1404041899826495_1292158028_n.jpthe girls played hard this past weekend. after falling in the first game, which they had won till the bottom of the last inning, they were faced with going home. it was double elimination so they were fighting for their playing life from there on out. coming alive in game 2 and blowing out the team they played and getting another chance to play again they got a 2 hr break and had some pizza and that set up an amazing run. The girls then dismantled the next team they played. had about a 15 minute break and had to play again. the bats were again talking as they raced out to another victroy to put them in the Championship game against the team they lost to in the first game. the officials had "mercy" on our girls and gave them a 30 minute break between games. tired and worn out after playing back to back games they took the field again. Playing a solid game and staying strong and gutting out another game and rallying back in the bottom of the 5th inning fell short of the championship but we will take a 2nd place finish and set our goal higher for the next tournament.

Good work.

And those look like some really nice surroundings in the background!

Big smiles on their faces. Congrats!

it was the best run of games they have had so far and the girls have only played together for 3 months. my daughter has come so far in 3 months it is just crazy how much she has learned. The coach is also awesome. She was a player herself, college All-American and her team slogan is "hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard" and her goal is for the girls to grow up to be better people, to be a great wife, mom, co-worker and to be involved and make a difference. If they lose all the games they playedbut played hard and worked hard she would be ok with that.

Good work.

And those look like some really nice surroundings in the background!

The nice surroundings include 2 Bald Eagles that fly around the fields

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

well after one fall season we are out of Chaos. there was some issues that really split the team. some questioned the money we were paying and where it all went to. long story short the team split and we had to choose to go with the new team or stay with Chaos. with the money involved and we were paying vs the money we could save with the new team and my daughter had the final say and she wanted to go with the girls she goes to school with. Thanks for a great Fall season of Softball. On to a new team.