Lovex - State Of Mind

Stefan

_h353_w628_m6_otrue_lfalse.jpg

The new album 'State Of Mind' out Aug 8th.

1016509_10151538836639121_110134843_n.jpg

Tracklist:

1. Fighter

2. Action

3. Don Juan

4. Yours To Keep

5. Bad

6. Edge Of Sanity

7. Walking Away

8. When The Lights Go Down

9. Miracle

10. Save A Life (Bonus Track)

New video for 'Don Juan':

'Don Juan' is like a weird mixture of poppish boyband song with modern rock. Strangely, I kinda like it lol

'Action' has that nu-metal feel at the beginning, as if I'm listening to the new Linkin Park, well this one is kinda weak.

Both songs are pale if compared to any good songs on 'Watch Out', not very promising album I guess but will take a look into the whole thing when it's out

Both sound great to me and I'll definitely be getting the album when it's out. Excellent band.

Both sound great to me and I'll definitely be getting the album when it's out. Excellent band.

:agree:

And welcome back Jez. Did you have a nice vacation?

Hi mate..thanx...yeah had a great time..beautiful place.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

From the samples, the bonus track 'Save A Life' sounds like the best track, 'Edge Of Sanity' and 'Lights Go Down' sound good, however the recording of the samples is horrendous. Too bad they've got to release the weakest tracks like 'Don Juan' and 'Action', those tracks are crap compared to the samples of the other tracks.

So Jez, is it any good?

Preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfIEf_wrYhU

Yes Sir!! it is bloody good. Absolutely Loving it! It does have a slightly more poppy feel on a couple of tracks the aforementioned 'Action' and 'Don Juan' but both of these are good, solid songs and the obvious singles. The rest is pretty much typical Lovex with no real weak links. Absolutely love 'Miracle', 'Bad' , 'When The Lights Go Down' and 'Edge Of Sanity', although the rest are really strong as well. It's a short sharp 35 minutes, even with the bonus track and I would have liked a couple more tracks to be honest (hopefully we'll get a Jap release with a few extras like we did with 'Watch Out'), but all in all it's an excellent album

• 1 month later...