Revenge (ever get some?)

JamesEagle

There seem to be hundreds, thousands even, of revenge-themed films, which, along with the song I have stuck in my head at the moment, got me thinking. Have I ever got revenge on anyone? I can't think of a single example.

I thought it might be a fun thing to ask on here - does anyone have any good revenge stories? Ever got your own back on anyone? The movies and TV shows would have us believe it happens all the time, but I'm not so sure. Must be some interesting tales out there...

I have taken pride on not getting mad, but getting even, ask any of my ex's who have decided to use me as a door mat, our "private" home movies have been viewed by many, any dirt I can get on anyone I do, most times it's never anything more then just stuff in a box, but when they decide to fuck with me, it becomes public, like my ex's dad, who fathered a child exactly her age(my ex's) well word from someone who knew he many years ago tells us, he basically ditched this chick and her kid, well when he decided to get involved with our break up, I warned him it was not a wise decision, but he must have thought I was kidding, so now his entire family knows about what a standup guy he was, sure it was classless, immature, and childish, but hey those are all compliments to me!

Working in the housing business, I routinely come across cable tv/internet equipment abandoned by tenants when they skip out on me. All the while, Charter constantly screws me on my own tv and internet deals at home.

I love calling them to ask if they'll offer me some kind of deal on installation or one-time discount for the effort of returning their equipment to them. They always refuse, but tell me they'll be happy to come and pick it up from me. My response to that is always the same: "Sure, I'll stop home from work sometime between 12 and 5 next Friday. Be there". Of course they aren't and I end up chucking the equipment in the dumpster. Screw 'em.

Working in the housing business, I routinely come across cable tv/internet equipment abandoned by tenants when they skip out on me. All the while, Charter constantly screws me on my own tv and internet deals at home.

I love calling them to ask if they'll offer me some kind of deal on installation or one-time discount for the effort of returning their equipment to them. They always refuse, but tell me they'll be happy to come and pick it up from me. My response to that is always the same: "Sure, I'll stop home from work sometime between 12 and 5 next Friday. Be there". Of course they aren't and I end up chucking the equipment in the dumpster. Screw 'em.

I dont know who Charter is, but they sound an aweful lot like Cumcast, the biggest money hole, piece of shit, needs to be annihilated company on the face of the planet, I went to work for them, just to get their tools, once I got them, I quit, they withheld my final check for not returning them, oh ouch, like that mattered, the money I made installing peoples cable on the side killed my final check amount by a thousand, complete monopoly, and completely got my taste of victory over them.

I dont know who Charter is, but they sound an aweful lot like Cumcast, the biggest money hole, piece of shit, needs to be annihilated company on the face of the planet, I went to work for them, just to get their tools, once I got them, I quit, they withheld my final check for not returning them, oh ouch, like that mattered, the money I made installing peoples cable on the side killed my final check amount by a thousand, complete monopoly, and completely got my taste of victory over them.

Yeah, what utter c***s!

BTW, I knew Cody would have at least one good revenge story! :D

I had an opportunity for revenge when I was a little kid. A boy who bullied me at my infants school (when I was about 6 or 7) walked past me and my friends when I was a bit older (probably about 9). I went up to him and started taking the p*ss and my friends were all up for giving him a smack, but I let him walk off. Regretted it for ages! (Bullying is so scummy, it makes me feel sick.)

Never got my own back on an ex though...

whats that supposed to mean? why would you imply I would have a revenge story? I was just kidding, it never happened, it was all a fabricated lie, ha ha, no revenge here, if I had the balls I would, but I dont.

whats that supposed to mean? why would you imply I would have a revenge story? I was just kidding, it never happened, it was all a fabricated lie, ha ha, no revenge here, if I had the balls I would, but I dont.

:lol:

Come on, bet you have a few more nuggets to share...

;)

;)

Do I really come off as someone who would seek revenge? is it still considered revenge when it feels like your doing the right thing? even though it's the wrong thing?

;)

Do I really come off as someone who would seek revenge? is it still considered revenge when it feels like your doing the right thing? even though it's the wrong thing?

:rofl2:

Sorry, didn't mean to make it sound like that. No, it's just that you come off as someone with a lot of good stories / interesting experiences to share!

And I honestly believe sometimes revenge is the right thing to do, for two reasons. Firstly, it can make the person who has been wronged feel much better. Secondly, it can show someone whose behaviour is unacceptable that they cannot always act in that way and get away with it. Not always the right thing to do, but occasionally it is imo.

Thought there'd be plenty of stories of people getting their own back on cheating partners, etc on here... shrug.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I just let karma do its thing

That would be great, but if you dont believe in Karma, you have to make your own, thats where I come in, whats the point of someone happening to someone bad, if they dont even know why its happening, lessons arent learned that way, and isnt that what revenge boils down to? teaching someone a lesson more then anything, thats is absolutely the only thing I have ever gotten revenge for, to teach someone I aint no punk, and they aint gonna fuck with me, or treat me like one,

The best revenge I have gotten in life is directed at my folks: I have succeeded in life, both professionally and personally, even with their abuse and WELL beyond what they said I would. My kids will never have to know them. Oh and better yet they will never know my kids...

The best revenge I have gotten in life is directed at my folks: I have succeeded in life, both professionally and personally, even with their abuse and WELL beyond what they said I would. My kids will never have to know them. Oh and better yet they will never know my kids...

Really sorry to hear that. I can't understand anyone wanting to hurt their own children, so I'm glad you overcame it. Nice one.

Really sorry to hear that. I can't understand anyone wanting to hurt their own children, so I'm glad you overcame it. Nice one.

Oh shit Terry, thats not very nice!

That would be great, but if you dont believe in Karma, you have to make your own, thats where I come in, whats the point of someone happening to someone bad, if they dont even know why its happening, lessons arent learned that way, and isnt that what revenge boils down to? teaching someone a lesson more then anything, thats is absolutely the only thing I have ever gotten revenge for, to teach someone I aint no punk, and they aint gonna fuck with me, or treat me like one,

Karma would be nice, but I think it only works in 'My Name Is Earl'.

There was a bloke I worked for a while ago who made my life a misery for a year or two. I really dreaded coming to work every day as he was such a c***. I desperately wanted to see him get his comeuppance, but it never happened. Karma my arse.

There was a bloke I worked for a while ago who made my life a misery for a year or two. I really dreaded coming to work every day as he was such a c***. I desperately wanted to see him get his comeuppance, but it never happened. Karma my arse.

Yeah theres to many horrible evil people that live high on the hog, and way to many honest and genuine people that go down in flames for me to ever believe in Karma, no such thing, whatever happens, happens, regardless of what proceeded it, you can call it what you want to, but karma is for the birds, maybe they have it.

Yeah theres to many horrible evil people that live high on the hog, and way to many honest and genuine people that go down in flames for me to ever believe in Karma, no such thing, whatever happens, happens, regardless of what proceeded it, you can call it what you want to, but karma is for the birds, maybe they have it.

:agree:

...although I wish I'd known you then, Cody, I bet you'd have had some interesting suggestions for dealing with the bloke. ;)

...although I wish I'd known you then, Cody, I bet you'd have had some interesting suggestions for dealing with the bloke. ;)

Yeah sadly it all comes to naturally to me, and it was fine until I became an adult, its something i really have to keep a lid on, because things can really go south when your running on spite and anger, revenge is always and I mean always best left to a clear and calm mind, and there is never an exception to that rule.

Yeah sadly it all comes to naturally to me, and it was fine until I became an adult, its something i really have to keep a lid on, because things can really go south when your running on spite and anger, revenge is always and I mean always best left to a clear and calm mind, and there is never an exception to that rule.

Sage words. :tumbsup: