Megadeth - Super Collider (June 4th)

All Nights Reserved

Yeah a defo Alice feel, but its no massive surprise seeing as they have already done an Alice cover before. But theres also a touch of another Megadeth song in it, but I cant quite put my finger on what song it is.

Haven't picked up the CD yet but I've given it a couple of listens on Spotify... sounds better than Th1rt3en for sure, will def be buying a copy as soon as I get some frickin' $$.

Ok I am listening to it now?? Apparently I DO have the bonus tracks, though they come up as Untitled, but I can make out the chorus.. One is A House Divided and the other All I want.. both are VERY Good!! Just not listed on the CD case, so it's kinda weird.... OH and a live track,.. Countdown to Extinction.. Guess I got the Japanese edition at Target??? Not complaining or anything, just kinda weird, but VERY cool!!! :beerbang:

Just got through couple spins and sorry but I think this one's definitely worst than Thirteen. Couple of notable tracks for me here are 'Kingmaker' which offers a tremendous riffs and I guess the whole song is enjoyable and 'Forget To Remember', a very nice hard rock outfit, perhaps a little bit commercial, and very melodic, love it. The last track, which happens to be Thin Lizzy cover if i'm not mistaken, is great too, but I guess too many fillers here.

'Super Collider' is kinda cheesy, they tried to be radio friendly but don't know why I can't like this track. 'Burn!' starts up nice with a solid riffage and good verse, but what happened to the chorus, they just ruined it. 'Beginning of Sorrow' sounds like an alternative crap, but wait until you hear 'The Blackest Crow', perhaps the worst track they made here. Some other tracks are pretty good such as 'Off The Edge', 'Built For War' kinda okay too, and 'Don't Turn Your Back'.

I guess Megadeth just reached a new low and they need to come up with a better stuff, at least give it a mix between 'Endgame' and 'Thirteen' and I'll be a happy man.

70%

I've read a few reviews now that all say it's a distinctly average album ... I still think that an average Megadeth album is better than a lot of stuff out there at the moment, so I'll probably pick it up if I see it going cheap ... :)

I just bought this and have spun it once so far. At first listen about half way through I was wondering why there were so many complaints as I don't hear Risk at all but the last half wasn't near as good(I got the deluxe version with a few extra tracks). I think it would have made a nice EP but the songwriting is lacking big time compared to their recent releases. I will spin it again and see if it gets better but I want my Megadeth to sound more like Endgame....

• 4 weeks later...

I'm still spinning this. So what it's not as thrashy as Endgame but hey it's still a very good hard rock album with only 1 or 2 fillers IMO. I actually enjoy the outside of box tracks like "Blackest Crow" and "Dance in the Rain". You can only write Rust in Peace and Peace Sells so many times.....

I still haven't bought the CD but I've given it a fair share of spins on Spotify. I don't really care for the title track (and that new video for it is fuckin godawful!) but the rest is pretty solid.

• 3 weeks later...