Question About TimeWarp Records Answered

Leykis101

I post this here so I know it will get seen, I had asked a question a while back about the validity of the label TimeWarp Records, as I was pointed towards them as releasing Rio's 2 albums on disc, and everything I had heard had been suspect, I could find nothing about them over the internet, and everybody here told me they had received CD-R's from them when ordering, now Im not like most of you, if I had paid money for lets say those Rio discs and had received CD-R's, I would have lost it, I know thats incredibly immature, and very childish, but hey, thats just the way I am, and now a days I have more then I need spare time on my hands, but this question concerning TimeWarp Records was answered for me the other day as my buddy, and Lead Singer for a band im sure some of you guys have heard of Castle Blak, emailed me absolutely irate, completely unnerved, telling me he had stumbled onto somebody on ebay selling a cd of Blak's 2nd album Another Dark Carnival. only trouble is that this was never released on CD, and what do you know, TimeWarp was the album this was on, and the guy selling it on ebay seemed to be selling TimeWarp shit exclusively, I mean this had the artwork, and jewel case and everything printed up, so I told Regent I would handle it for him, he already had his lawyer sending a

Cease & Desist letter to him, so I guess this tells everyone whats going on with old TimeWarp Records, pretty brazen move to go on ebay and sell shit you never even got permission to sell, not to mention to completely blow off any and all avenues to the actual artists, I think anybody on here(HH) who has made a purchase from TimeWarp, we should all get together, and get what it is you have bought from them, and put it together, then file a class action against them, im sure most of you only bought believing they were official releases, and the artist you bought probably didnt get a dime from the sale, fuck this man, this is just not right, this is as illegal as breaking into somebody's house and stealing their shit, and selling it on ebay, this may even b worse, but it's all up to you guys, im just letting you know, those labels are no good, and I know you know who is all our friend, but somehow he is tied to this label, so buddy, if you read this, probably be a good idea to let whoever know it's time to pull the plug, I wont say you by name, but you know who you are.

This is a tough one. This idea of filing a class action lawsuit could be said about many labels known for bootlegging material (I'm not going to get into naming the different labels responsible for such actions). The problem is, there are bootlegers that are bootlegging bootlegs (did ya follow that...?). So it's tough to catch the bad guy red handed, when the individual selling on ebay can easily claim that they are just selling some CDs they found in a 2nd hand shop, when reality is, they are just making bootleg copies of CDs that are already bootlegs. It's obvious that what they are doing is wrong and that they did not just find these CDs in a 2nd hand shop, but what proof do you have? If you can get a lawsuit to stick, more power to ya, but it's not as black and white as you might imagine.

Rubbish bootleg label as well as its inbred siblings EVIL EYE, SHOCK WAVE RECORDS, and STRIKEFORCE. I have friends who have been screwed by those guys.

(.......and yet, they still appear to be sold...... :whistle:)

see a lot of these timewarp releases on ebay from certain sellers all of the time,from italy apparently(the label not the seller)? but after the disc is sold the same seller posts it the very next day for sale again...its so rare to find that they can keep selling em?

Well i was just throwing the class action out there to see what I would get for a reaction, thats what that was about, As for the labels getting off their ass's and reissuing albums, you gotta look at some of the albums we are talking about, and then you have to figure in that there may be some mitigating circumstances behind why it is not and has not been reissued, I know if your like me, many of the albums you want reissued probably have a fan base of 10 people, I mean sure many more then that liked the album, and might buy it if they came upon it again, but all in all, not a whole lot of people that have it 1st priority in their mind, I know the reason Castle Blak Another Dark Carnival has never been issued on CD, is because the whereabouts of the masters are unknown, that is why Regent compiled all the most wanted Castle shit, and all that unreleased stuff, and made that box set, it was primarily because finding the masters to their 3 albums is apparently way more difficult then would be worth hunting them down, it wasn't because he believed Castle Blak fans believed a box set was in order for their many many albums of work, LOL.