I dare you....

Mullethead

Love D.T but these bands deserve a mention,Bang Tango's first,Shotgun Messiah's first two,Faster Pussycats first two & how about Vain's epic deput imo?

Agreed that both Shotgun CDs are a cut above. Never a fan of FP tho. Vain's debut is good but ...ah, this is tough. Okay, Vain as well then. :)

I did get a good laugh saying Hollywood Vampires is better an The DT cd :)

Dont understand why, most of LA Guns catalogue is better than Dangerous Toys. Nothing against DT, but for me I could only pick a handful of tracks off their albums that I find essential. For LA Guns, the first three albums are essential to me from start to finish, and even Vicious Circle is pretty much start to finish great.

I could put together a Dangerous Toys compilation of their best tracks, and I still dont think I would listen to it more than any of those four LA Guns albums.

Funnily enough that's how I feel about LA Guns. I could do a best of and be happy. I stand by what I said before, I think HV sucks badly. I would rate DT ST cd and Pissed higher than all LAG CDs minus the filler free debut.

How about Snakepit Rebels' S/T album? It's a bit of a gem as far as I'm concerned ... and would you say that Every Mother's Nightmare's debut was Sleaze? I'd probably rate that higher than the DT album (although if you ask me again tomorrow, I might chnage my mind :))

I see there is no dispute on the "awesomnisity" of Every Dog Has Its Day from Salty Dog.

How's about Zodiac Mindwarp's first disc, Prime Mover sure is a tasty tune and the rest of the disc holds up real well...

Oh and how's about Lil Caesar, not the pizza joint, the band!

No on all of those but I dig LC, just wouldn't call them Sleaze by a mile.

How about Snakepit Rebels' S/T album? It's a bit of a gem as far as I'm concerned ... and would you say that Every Mother's Nightmare's debut was Sleaze? I'd probably rate that higher than the DT album (although if you ask me again tomorrow, I might chnage my mind :))

Ugg, I badly dislike SR, terrible in my opinion. Both EMN CDs were killer but I would put neither ahead of DT.

I see there is no dispute on the "awesomnisity" of Every Dog Has Its Day from Salty Dog.

Is this a joke? :unsure:

I had that one on tape, it wasn't great. A couple of reasonable tracks ('Just Like A Woman', 'Come Along' and maybe 'Spoonful') but the rest was pretty poor imo.

For what it's worth, I massively prefer 'DT' to anything by Vain!

One I would put quite close to 'DT' would be the debut by Junkyard, but 'DT' probably just edges it.

Johnny Crash's first album? Altogether now: 'My baby's like a piano ... when she ain't upright, she's grand ...' :)

Ugg, I badly dislike SR, terrible in my opinion. Both EMN CDs were killer but I would put neither ahead of DT.

You're a fussy bugger ;)

Yeah there's no disputing that the Dangerous Toys debut is a great album.

Trying to define what fits into 'sleaze' is really tricky..........

Here's what I'd put above it -

Bang Tango - Psycho Cafe

Crashdiet - Rest in Sleaze / Generation Wild

Guns n Roses - Appetitie for Destruction

Hardcore Superstar - Dreamin / Beg / Split / C'Mon

LA Guns - s/t

Vain - No Respect

Crazy Lixx - New Religion / Loud Minority / Riot Avenue

Peepshow - Brand New Breed

Having said that 'Scared' is about as good as any song on any of those albums imo - top top tune.

Bang Tango - Psycho Cafe

LA Guns - s/t

Vain - No Respect

Having said that 'Scared' is about as good as any song on any of those albums imo - top top tune.

ok a few more -

Love/Hate - Blackout (mentioned above)

Distorted Wonderful - their debut was excellent imo

Dirty Looks - Five Easy Pieces / Cool From The Wire

Skid Row - s/t (is this sleaze??)

Motley Crue?? Surely they must be...................

So yeah in summary Dangerous Toys would maybe squeeze in the top 20, so a great album for sure.

Is this a joke? :unsure:

I had that one on tape, it wasn't great. A couple of reasonable tracks ('Just Like A Woman', 'Come Along' and maybe 'Spoonful') but the rest was pretty poor imo.

For what it's worth, I massively prefer 'DT' to anything by Vain!

One I would put quite close to 'DT' would be the debut by Junkyard, but 'DT' probably just edges it.

Agreed. I thought Salty Dog sucked as well. Ugg...

You're a fussy bugger ;)

;)

Bang Tango - Psycho Cafe

LA Guns - s/t

Vain - No Respect

ok a few more -

Love/Hate - Blackout (mentioned above)

Distorted Wonderful - their debut was excellent imo

Dirty Looks - Five Easy Pieces / Cool From The Wire

Skid Row - s/t (is this sleaze??)

Motley Crue?? Surely they must be...................

So yeah in summary Dangerous Toys would maybe squeeze in the top 20, so a great album for sure.

Agree 100% that all mentioned above have had a Sleaze album. You're right, tough to define but....

Out of the list above I would rank the first three Crue albums ahead of DT, GNR Appetite of course, Skid Row ST is the only thing they did sleazy and it ranks ahead of DT as well. I would also rate Split Your Lip ahead of it and everything else for that matter.

Johnny Crash's first album? Altogether now: 'My baby's like a piano ... when she ain't upright, she's grand ...' :)

Also used as a drink coaster :)

So THAT'S what happened to my copy! ;)

I'd certainly put Vain's debut ahead of DT, along with 'Appetite' and 'Too Fast For Love' (which, to me, still sounds like you could catch something from it :))

Given that they've been cited as an influence by a whole host of Sleaze bands, what about Aerosmith? Would you say that they've done anything that falls into the category of 'sleaze'? 'Rocks' is probably as low down and dirty as anything else mentioned on this thread ...

I'd certainly put Vain's debut ahead of DT, along with 'Appetite' and 'Too Fast For Love' (which, to me, still sounds like you could catch something from it :))

Given that they've been cited as an influence by a whole host of Sleaze bands, what about Aerosmith? Would you say that they've done anything that falls into the category of 'sleaze'? 'Rocks' is probably as low down and dirty as anything else mentioned on this thread ...

I'm sure you told me you didn't rate Vain!

I certainly don't. I hate 'No Respect'; I just don't enjoy the tunes at all. Give me Dangerous Toys above Vain any day!

With Vain I didn't like it when it came out back in the day but love it now. But, in no way is it better than DT.

As for Aerosmith, not my definition of Sleaze at all, in any of their decades.

With Vain I didn't like it when it came out back in the day but love it now. But, in no way is it better than DT.

Im with you on Vain, as I came to like it in latter years after re-visiting. Think it might rank slightly higher than DT as its more consistent.

Aerosmith is definitely NOT sleaze imo......more classic hard rock

Im with you on Vain, as I came to like it in latter years after re-visiting. Think it might rank slightly higher than DT as its more consistent.

I bought the Vain cassette back when it came out and stomached through it once before chucking it off the deck in to a cornfield.

I think he meant Aerosmith back in the day when they were younger but I still don't think they are a sleaze band.

I'm sure you told me you didn't rate Vain!

I certainly don't. I hate 'No Respect'; I just don't enjoy the tunes at all. Give me Dangerous Toys above Vain any day!

Not me, squire ... I like Vain (although I'm not convinced that they were ever the Second Coming that the press claimed them to be) ... :)

I bought the Vain cassette back when it came out and stomached through it once before chucking it off the deck in to a cornfield.

I think he meant Aerosmith back in the day when they were younger but I still don't think they are a sleaze band.

Yeah - I was thinking specifically of albums like 'Rocks' and 'Draw The Line' ...

I saw a call out for Junkyard, now that is a great band and the S/T (Hell, Sixes, Sevens and Nines too) was a GREAT GREAT record!

Makes me sad that there's no love for Salty Dog, always thought that album to be really great and the guitar and drum work was top shelf!