ZZTop - Afterburner

66 mustang

not sure If I have said it on here or not but I LOVE this album start to finish. only skip i have is Rough Boy because I so played this over and over when I was younger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBuG3kWt2F4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6VIuQbjDEQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEM78ElGthI

I've always considered this as 'Eliminator' PT 2. But not as good. Some good songs and I really enjoy it, but falls a little short of 'Eliminators' greatness.

I've always considered this as 'Eliminator' PT 2. But not as good. Some good songs and I really enjoy it, but falls a little short of 'Eliminators' greatness.

my feelings on it is that the best songs on Eliminator are better than the best songs on Afterburner but Afterburner has no weak songs where a lot of Eliminator I didn't like much after the hits. Thus, as a whole, I thought Afterburner was better but it has been probably since Eliminator came out that I heard the full album so maybe I need to buy the cd and listen again.

• 3 months later...

my feelings on it is that the best songs on Eliminator are better than the best songs on Afterburner but Afterburner has no weak songs where a lot of Eliminator I didn't like much after the hits. Thus, as a whole, I thought Afterburner was better

That's pretty much how I feel. Eliminator may have higher highs, but Afterburner is just 10 great songs and my favorite ZZ Top album.

Great album, probably prefer it over Eliminator, the one and only time I saw them was on this tour at Stafford Bingley Hall

I saw them at Donington years ago....they flew the Eliminator car over the field suspended from a helicopter. I must say I kind of went off them around Eliminator time as I just got cheesed off with hearing that album everywhere....I react badly like that haha! I should really get back into them after selling my albums by them quite some time back - the box set would be a good start.

Yeah, I like Afterburner ... it's a good, solid album ... it might help that when I was 17 I watched a pert young lady dancing to 'Velcro Fly' in a talent contest ... ;)