Charming Grace - s/t

Stefan

46911_421781197899552_1879655923_n.jpg

Charming Grace releases their selftitled album on April 12th.
Charming Grace are Amos Monti (Shining Line), Davide "Dave Rox" Barbieri (Wheels Of Fire) & Pierpaolo "Zorro11" Monti (Shining Line).

Guests: Bente Smaavik (Perfect Crime, Blonde On Blonde), Thomas Lassar (Crystal Blue), Henrik Launbjerg (Toys Of Joy), Kimmo Bloom (Urban Tale), Jeff Paris, Nick Workman (Vega), Stefano Lionetti (Lionville), Michele Luppi (Los Angeles), Josh Zighetti (Hungryheart) and Gui Oliver (Auras).

charminggrace-cover-web.jpg

Tracks:

1 Everytime You Touch My Heart
2 The Way You Feel Inside
3 Shining Light
4 Just Take My Hand
5 Close Your Eyes
6 Still Dreamin’
7 The Sound Of Your Heart
8 Everybody’s Broken (Cover: Bon Jovi)
9 The Answer Was You
10 Run Away
11 Through The Stars
12 Endless Flame

Samples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJHHXf8oIZA

Sounds fantastic. Sounds essential for Lionsville fans. I'm a little saddened they cut that first track before the chorus hits, with Mr Vega. Sounds like they may have some heavily accented vocalists on the rest of the disc, but it should still be very nice.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been spinning this all morning and to be honest, it bored me shitless by track 8. It's very very similar to the Shining Line cd, same format and personnel, with guest vocals on every track etc etc,and the outcome is surprisingly the same. The songs are pretty much one paced and not that great either it has to be said..nothing that really stands out that call for repeated listening.. Yet another bog average AOR album..the list is ever growing.

Totally agree, mate. The opener with Workman on vocals is a pretty good start but a few songs in I was praying for it to just end. It's not truly terrible, but it just drags on without any interesting songs at all. Not really bad songs, just very bland and boring. And it's soooo long too... Not recommended, this one.

Totally agree, mate. The opener with Workman on vocals is a pretty good start but a few songs in I was praying for it to just end. It's not truly terrible, but it just drags on without any interesting songs at all. Not really bad songs, just very bland and boring. And it's soooo long too... Not recommended, this one.

Glad it isn't just me mate..I was getting worried for a minute. Did you rate the Shining Line CD.I can't remember if you did or not . I wasn't blown away with that either, but it's better than this one. Neither at all essential.

I remember I'm impressed with Shining Line at the first spin but then it wears off after 2-3 spins, but it's still a good album. Looks like this one's really boring, I might pass it

Glad it isn't just me mate..I was getting worried for a minute. Did you rate the Shining Line CD.I can't remember if you did or not . I wasn't blown away with that either, but it's better than this one. Neither at all essential.

I think I liked the Shining Line CD, but yeah, it's definitely not a fave of my by any means. The fact that I can't really remember it myself does not speak well of it. I think there were a lot of songs that were quite long and not overly memorable, but I enjoyed the overall feel. Similar to Lionville also, I think? Definitely better than this one, that's for sure. ;)

I think I liked the Shining Line CD, but yeah, it's definitely not a fave of my by any means. The fact that I can't really remember it myself does not speak well of it. I think there were a lot of songs that were quite long and not overly memorable, but I enjoyed the overall feel. Similar to Lionville also, I think? Definitely better than this one, that's for sure. ;)

wow, Shining Line is a way off the quality of Lionville imo.

Only a few decent songs and some of them definitely overlong

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...