Question To All AOR Lovers

Guest SuperVillain

Guest SuperVillain

hello,

this is my first post and I do not know if I'm in the right section ...

it seems that you have a very good knowledge of the AOR music!

I am looking for very specific type of musical phrases,typical from this style (from 1975 to 1985 i think...)

often found in intros and break/bridges these are melodys or arpeggios played by synths, organs or pianos (not a guitar) but with one or more distorted guitars hits (palm muted or dropped) and no vocals.

if my explanations are a little troubles here I put some links with examples that I found myself!

0.04 to 0.13

0.27 to 0.45

2.40 to 3.56

Start to 0.25

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgoMITK8hPw

Start to 0.21

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVEeousgKcw

0.20 to 42

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03kX2geCqek

If you Know some more i will be so happy! thanks a lot

(sorry for my bad english!)

Have you tried Bad English?

Hello SuperVillian, my name is Cody and apparently im a douche bag, asshole, cocksucker, prick, im extremely un knowledgeable, and im basically on here just following people around, repeating things I read, ive never really even heard of any of these bands, I just see someone post an opinion on a specific album, then wait a few days then re post it as my own, so dont really take anything I have to say to seriously ok, but I was curious, cause someone else axed this exact same question before, I thought it was you fucking with us, but is this what you mean, just so I get the right idea you know? let me know.

• My Little Pony

Hello SuperVillian, my name is Cody and apparently im a douche bag, asshole, cocksucker, prick, im extremely un knowledgeable, and im basically on here just following people around, repeating things I read, ive never really even heard of any of these bands, I just see someone post an opinion on a specific album, then wait a few days then re post it as my own,

You do that, too? Maybe that's why we get along so well. ;}

What im not understanding is that you've given a description but your examples are all over the place as far as genre goes, it would seem your looking for 70's Pomp Rock\But also Progressive, then you switch it up and totally turn the page, throwing in some Omega, then you flick the switch by throwin some of that mutha fuckin Runaway Jovi shit, so is there a certain preference your looking for, or are you just looking for this in particular sound regardless of what genre it is? and what is your native tongue sir? and let me know if any of these examples im leaving are on the right track please. thank you, your personal asshole/sound slave Cody.

Hello SuperVillian, my name is Cody and apparently im a douche bag, asshole, cocksucker, prick, im extremely un knowledgeable, and im basically on here just following people around, repeating things I read, ive never really even heard of any of these bands, I just see someone post an opinion on a specific album, then wait a few days then re post it as my own,

You do that, too? Maybe that's why we get along so well. ;}

Yes! I know, I can spot one of my own kind a mile away, you know the sacred vow we take though, so we must discuss this off board, ok sir!

Guest SuperVillain

@ Leykis101

thanks for your time! your exemples are perfectly right!

i really search for these type of sound no matter the subgenre of rock they are.

my native tongue is french!

you said someone else asked the same question before, i can't find the theard... link?

@ Leykis101

thanks for your time! your exemples are perfectly right!

i really search for these type of sound no matter the subgenre of rock they are.

my native tongue is french!

you said someone else asked the same question before, i can't find the theard... link?

I was just fucking around bro, it was such an odd and detailed question you axed, I figured I'd see what you had to say by telling you someone had already asked the exact same question, you know, cause chances are good nobody ever has, but it looks like your getting some help now, so I will step back and see what comes in as well, as they are putting up some damn good songs, if not what your looking for, still killer songs, i think.