Leykis101

For years ive tried to get people to give Venom's CD Resurrection a listen, bragged about it, etc.. It was the 1st and only time in the legends entire 30+ year career that they decided to experiment with quality production, and solid songwriting, long story short, they decided not to fuck off, and to maybe see what a serious Venom album might sound like, being released in late 1999, it went basically unheard, and forgotten, which I don't believe is fair, cause if you've ever heard the black gods, they basically pioneered an entire genre of metal, and they did it purposely using as poor of production as possible, and playing the most satanic obnoxious music they could perform, which is the whole irony about the band, they set out to sound like the worst most talentless band in history, and in that came out one of the most raw jamming sinister groups in history, but on this album the turn toward songs and production wasn't just a gimmick, it truly was a killer album, most Venom fans hate it, because they figured Venom was pulling a Metallica when they did the black album, but true Venom fans know Venom would never sell their fan base out like those phonys did, but now I can post songs to show everyone(who will listen anyways)what Venom did on the album, and I also posted a song off Metal Black, that I think is fucking mind boggling awesome, it could be cause the 1st time I heard it, I was tripping balls on mushrooms, and it seriously fucked with me, it's called House Of Pain, so if you are a Venom hater, have never heard them, or just never heard these songs, check them out, now they dont sound all that original, but at the time they were really ahead of the curve, anyways, check these songs out, AND LAY DOWN YOUR SOUL TO THE GODS ROCK N ROLL!!

FIRELIGHT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0CNU866QfQ

LEVIATHAN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQHpQUcDAFc

VENGEANCE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq5IVJLVvss

AND THE MUSHROOM TRIPPIN SONG!

HOUSE OF PAIN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNq5u-2Qxo

I've always thought that Venom's later material was pretty good (even the stuff they did with Tony Dolan) ... :)

I've always thought that Venom's later material was pretty good (even the stuff they did with Tony Dolan) ... :)

Absolutely, even though it sounded like Atomkraft, it still jammed

• 2 weeks later...

While I like the actual music on Venom's "Resurrection," I simply cannot tolerate their lyrics. You can say they weren't serious or tongue-in-cheek or just for shock, but the reality is they're usually praising Satan and blaspheming God/Christ, and as a Christian (liberal, yes, but still a Christian), I simply cannot justify listening to that kind of message. But yeah, the music is good and I think the bigger production actually works well for the band. Let me know if they ever stop praising the Prince of Darkness and/or cursing the name of Christ I'll be happy to give 'em a go, because, yeah, I hear a lot of similarities to what Metallica did with "The Black Album" and for me, that's a good thing.

If you ever listen to Cronos get interviewed, or just go online and read interviews, it was ALL! a gimmick, and thats what has so many real satanic bands (Gorgoroth, Mayhem, and most notably King Diamond) full of disgust and constantly talking shit on Venom, Cronos whole shtick when he formed the band was to form the most satanic, obnoxious, and offensive band in history, when they were paired up by NEAT\Combat with a slick high end producer to record Black Metal, they fought every single second of the recording of the album, then Cronos broke into the studio after they completed the album, and swapped out the Masters with the ones Venom had done in Mantas basement, I guess the producer was so infuriated he not only destroyed the mixing console, he had a minor stroke, because it wasn't picked up that the tapes had been switched until well after the album had been pressed, he he he, lol, Cronos constantly states, he's never even attended a satanic service, and the original Venom had a different singer at first, when they were all picking their names, the singer picked the name Jesus Christ, and Cronos had a fit, at why they would take all this time to come up with their satanic names, and image, and then this wanker comes in and wants to be called Jesus Christ, needless to say that guy wasn't in the band long, it's really a funny story, Venom are a hilarious band, and he often states, the more anti Christ they were, the more the fans wouldn't just show up a little bit at a time, they would increase concert sizes by thousands, I am an Atheist so I guess I perceive it different then you, but if you put the entire religion aspect out of the picture, because it really doesn't have anything to do with anything anyways as far as Venom is concerned, it's an absolutely hilarious story, that kind of changed the history of metal.

While I like the actual music on Venom's "Resurrection," I simply cannot tolerate their lyrics. You can say they weren't serious or tongue-in-cheek or just for shock, but the reality is they're usually praising Satan and blaspheming God/Christ, and as a Christian (liberal, yes, but still a Christian), I simply cannot justify listening to that kind of message. But yeah, the music is good and I think the bigger production actually works well for the band. Let me know if they ever stop praising the Prince of Darkness and/or cursing the name of Christ I'll be happy to give 'em a go, because, yeah, I hear a lot of similarities to what Metallica did with "The Black Album" and for me, that's a good thing.

Hopefully they will just stop making albums period! Resurection was the last album of any quality they did, and im to the point that I just wish they would call it a career, their last 3 albums have been so bad that I dont even like them, and I have liked everything they ever did.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't heard anything they've done since the late 80s.Love that stuff.I need to give their 90s-2000s cds a shot or some of them.

Thats the point of this thread Speedboi, why dont you check out the songs i posted on this thread, my point was I know nobody has listened to their stuff since the late 80s, this album i posted these songs from, are worth a listen, check them out real quick, tell us what you think of them, they will fuck you up bro, nothing like their usual stuff

Whooooooaaaa run like hell, in Hell

The deadly race begins!

Cyanide, suicide, your friends are foolish wimps!

Tonight we fight with glory in our veins

Can't stop us now, for evil always reigns....

RIP RIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE!!!!

:devil:

RIP RIDE!!!!!!!!!

Venom is bad ass, have you ever given Onslaught a listen?

Oh yeah, Onslaught are bad fucking ass, yeah bro, I dug Onslaught, and Mayhem, I also like that other 1st Black Metal band, LOL

Damn... "Firelight" is one smokin' fuckin' tune!! :banger:

I thought so to, thing is, nobodys ever heard this fucking cd, now it's not even as cutting edge as it was when it was released in 99, I couldnt take it out of my cd player, still listen all the time.

I have to track this down immediately.

Oh yeah dude, it's Resurrection, that other song, House Of Pain, it's off of Metal Black, which is not a good disc at all, it was the 1st after Resurrection, the 1st of the last 3 Venom releases that signaled Venom needs to hang it up, or get Mantas back in the group, because these have been horrible fucking albums, with the exception of House Of Pain, I haven't even found 1 song off the previous 2 releases, that are even worth picking out for an assorted Venom disc, but House Of Pain is a fucking killer track, and all of Resurrection fucking rocks, if they could do another disc like that, it would totally redeem them from this shit garbage they released lately, and it's absolutely killer, from the opening song to the end.

• 2 weeks later...

I loved Atomkraft ... I heard a whisper that they were reforming, but it doesn't look like anything came of it ...

Venom is bad ass, have you ever given Onslaught a listen?

Oh yeah, Onslaught are bad fucking ass, yeah bro, I dug Onslaught, and Mayhem, I also like that other 1st Black Metal band, LOL

Onslaught were never a favourite of mine ... their version of 'Let There Be Rock' meant that I never could take them seriously ... a shame, really, 'cause at the time the UK was struggling to produce a band to rival what the US bands were coming up with, and the press really made it sound like Onslaught would be the saviours of British thrash :)

I loved Atomkraft ... I heard a whisper that they were reforming, but it doesn't look like anything came of it ...

I love Atomkraft as well, so you like the 3 Venom albums Dolan sang on? cause I think they sound much more Atomkraft then they do Venom, and as for them getting back together, isnt Tony to wrapped up in his acting career to care about Atomkraft? and as for Onslaught, I didnt think they were bad at all, yeah they werent what the US was pumping out(Im assuming your speaking of thrash\speed) but really what American bands came out when the brits were pumping out their N.W.O.B.H.M.? you just take whatever bands from whatever cuntrys appeal to you, and listen to them, I frankly don't even notice where bands are from, other then I know if they are new bands and I like them, they arent from the US, the Swedes and Germans, seem to be the ones with their fingers on the triggers as far as progressing our type of music, thats from what I have noticed, I could be wrong.

I used to work with Al Barnes, and he was still in touch with Tony Dolan ... it would have been good to hear what Atomkraft could come up with now ...

I don't worry too much about a band's nationality ... I just remember Onslaught being touted as 'the next big thing' by the press here in the UK (the same thing happened with Xentrix, Acid Reign and countles other thrash/speed bands) ... mind you, this is the same press that hated the early records by Slayer, Kreator, VoiVod, Venom, etc. before deciding in more recent years that they were, in fact, pretty good.

I dont ever recall any press in any part of the world saying Voivod was good, LOL, thats what made them so good, that and the unknown knows right?

LOL! Yeah, they were HATED for YEARS ... I remember reading an 8/10 review of 'Dimension Hatross' back in the day, but nearly everything else was negative ... now, everyone loves them!

A kid in my class brought a copy of 'At War With Satan' in to school when it was first released, and he raved about just how warped this thing sounded ... I borrowed it, and the rest - as they say - is history :)

You definitely had to get it, and if you didnt then, well you didnt, I personally loved Venom the second I heard Black Metal, my dad would wait until my mom was gone when I was 5 years old, and he would put Black Metal on the record player, and crank it up, as a little boy that screeching intro would come on and id lose my mind as the guitars faded in, it was absolutely the coolest thing i had ever heard, id jump on the couch and scream lay down your soul to the gods rock n roll, fuck it was so awesome, my all time favorite Venom song, and one ive always wanted to cover when I was in a band was Flytrap, to me that is one of the coolest songs ive ever heard in my life, I fucking love it, and it just rocks, I fucking love Venom, they are just the anti everything and to me define everything I believe Metal is, thats just my opine, but I dont know what id do had I never discovered them, thank you dad.

I've been spinning that Resurrection disc. That is some killer stuff.

Went and got it huh? it fucking rocks, ive been trying to tell people forever how bad ass it is,