Last Autumn's Dream - Ten Tangerine Tales

Stefan

The new album is already out in Asia but now it's scheduled for an European release on January 25th.

%2524%2528KGrHqR%252C%2521ooFBul4Z8S7BQu

Tracklist:

1. TEN TANGERINE TALES
2. PICKIN' UP THE PIECES
3. 2nd LOOK
4. FOR YOU
5. PRELUDIUM - THE MAN I USED TO BE
6. I WILL SEE YOU THRU
7. WHEN I FOUND YOU
8. LIE TO MY HEART
9. NEW YORK RAIN
10. IT'S MAGIC
11. REBEL ROUSER
12. MY FINAL LOVE SONG

I wonder if anyone gets excited about these releases. I hope so, for the sake of the band. But it's almost a chore to listen to these new albums all the time. :lol: That's harsh, they're a decent band. But if they halved their discography and just released the best songs rather than every song, they'd fare a lot better for me, personally.

They're exactly AXEL RUDI PELL of Sweden, can't miss a year without an album :D

Yep, and they basically re-record the same album over and over again too. ;)

I wonder if anyone gets excited about these releases. I hope so, for the sake of the band. But it's almost a chore to listen to these new albums all the time. :lol: That's harsh, they're a decent band. But if they halved their discography and just released the best songs rather than every song, they'd fare a lot better for me, personally.

I agree Geoff.

• 2 weeks later...

:lol: Almost a clean sweep of all the songs on the album I dislike. Aside from 'For you', I don't like any of these songs. :lol:

Pickin' Up The Pieces, 2nd Look, For You, Preludium - The Man I Used To Be, New York Rain and My Final Love Song are all good tunes, though.

Just completed my first cycle of this album and as expected, this turns out to be the average LAD album. No songs are bad but many are predictable, half of this album are probably 7/10 stuffs and several that stood out are 'For You' - which clearly the best track here, 'Preludium', 'I Will See You Through', and '2nd Look' maybe. The latter has LZ Immigrant Song feel on the verse and the great is quite superb.

The bonus track for Japanese release is strangely the weakest of the bunch, so I don't see how that track could add any value at all to the expensive product, but Japanese taste might differ though. The production isn't really great but acceptable. One bad thing because they kept releasing the album frequently is that you sometimes lost the interest to spin it again soon so since this has the chance of gathering dust, the idea of buying this album is only for completist or probably if I can have it under $5 or something.

73%

Yep, pretty much agree. There's only a handful of songs I need to hear from this CD ever again. And that's the awkward thing about these guys. If they just released the 6 best songs from this CD and the 6 best songs from the last CD, discarded the rest and released a CD every 2nd year, they'd probably be much better off.

Here's my thoughts:

1. Ten Tangerine Tales (0:20) - intro -

2. Pickin' Up The Pieces (4:34) - good, solid melodic rocker with a good chorus - 7.75

3. 2nd Look (3:49) - another good melodic rocker with a very nice chorus - 8.00

4. For You (4:43) - decent, kind of plodding tune - made by the chorus - 7.00

5. Preludium - The Man I Used To Be (5:14) - a familiar, but again quite nice chorus - 7.50

6. I Will See You Thru (4:36) - decent but not exciting melodic rock - 6.75

7. When I Found You (3:46) - very tame, plain melodic rock - 6.00

8. Lie To My Heart (5:00) - normal, straight melodic rock - 6.50

9. New York Rain (4:30) - very cool tune - one of LAD's best - 8.00

10. It's Magic (3:44) - decent, slightly silly rocker - 6.75

11. Rebel Rouser [sweet cover] (bonus track for Japan) (3:45) - plain filler - 5.00

12. My Final Love Song (3:45) - close to the best here - 7.50

Total - 70%