Corrosion Of Conformity

66 mustang

any fans of this band here? I'm not a fan of the band at all but yesterday at work I was looking for a cd for a customer and seen the band had a "new" cd out. I've not heard anything from the band since maybe their first album. A guy I worked with like the band and I borrowed the cd at one time and like maybe one song. anyway that guy dies in an accident this past year and I thought of him when i seen the cd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqfPv93Zonw&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvsQsao1F88

I love them, and they are one of the rare band's who stay consistent to what they have done, never trying to be catchy, or gain an edge, just kick ass hard metal\rock

Wiseblood is a great album with a sound that can blow your mind, I really dig it. I know there is a new album out but since the band frontman Pepper Keanan left for Down (which is a great band too) I'm not really interested to be honest.

...never trying to be catchy...just kickass hard metal/rock.

I don't love COC, but I don't hate 'em either, but I gotta ask...are you insinuating that "catchy" and "kickass" are mutually exclusive terms? Like, oxymoronic or something?

I loved Deliverance & Wiseblood but the quality went downhill after that (IMO) and I haven't listened to them for several years....now that I know they have a new release out I will have to hunt down some samples and check it out....

I checked out some music from the new one on youtube and it is not in the same league as Wiseblood......

My brother was into'em in the 80s when they were a straight up ultra-fast hardcore band, but I prefer their later Southern/Stoner Metal stuff like "America's Volume Dealer" and "Into the Arms of God."

...never trying to be catchy...just kickass hard metal/rock.

I don't love COC, but I don't hate 'em either, but I gotta ask...are you insinuating that "catchy" and "kickass" are mutually exclusive terms? Like, oxymoronic or something?

I just mean in my book one of my all time fav cd's is still Deliverance, i think it was highly underated, and regardless of what Pepper does, he has an uncanny knack for writting some of the most memorable hooks on a guitar, ever, catchy in the way i was using it was top 40 like metallica, and Blind started off promising, and i really liked the vocalist, they are a very consistent band, I dont know why but Woody Weatherman singing, would have to go back to punk, and or thrash, I will listen to it and judge from there.