7. On the Radio

8. Losing

9. Just Friends

10. Believe

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone else got hold of this one yet?. Like the fist album, it's sugar sweet, feel good 80's Retro AOR, but perfectly done. Some great tunes on here, ('Back To The Summer Of Love' you'll be humming months afterwards), with a lovely production job too. Check it out if you haven't already.

Well did this take me by surprise. I always considered these guys a fairly average AOR band, and then from out of nowhere they come out with this masterpiece.
I agree with Jez about "Back to the Summer of Love", a brilliant mid-tempo anthem in the same breezy AOR style as "Need Her" from the last H.E.A.T album. In fact, I would use the H.E.A.T reference on a lot of these tracks - especially on their "lighter" moments. "I'm Coming Home" is another stellar track, just perfect AOR like something straight out of 1989. Then you have "Talk to Me" with one of the most perfect choruses of the last few years. Stunning. "On the Radio" on the surface sounds like generic AOR, but is anything but - this is another stellar AOR track, the verses and chorus pure genius.

I just can't believe it, but I'm giving this one the full score - a perfect 100%. OK, maybe I wouldn't call every song a masterpiece, but the good ones are just f*cking brilliant and overall it's a very consistent release, perfectly produced, mixed and performed by all involved. Thumbs up!

On the contrary, I found this is still a good album but pale compared to the debut. I rated the first one pretty highly but it slowly creeping down over time, but maybe this one will slowly walk upward, who knows. Three strongest tracks here that's worthy around 8.5 are 'I'm Coming Home', '24 Hours', and 'Believe'. And then 'Back To The Summer of Love' is slightly below that, still a great track, and followed by 'On The Radio' and 'Just Friends'.

'Return My Heart' could be most average tune here, 'Losing' has average verse but pretty cool chorus, not bad though. 'Glory' makes a decent opening tune, perhaps they should switch 'Summer' to be the first song. Production is quite solid but I think I'll ended up spinning the first one more frequently than this one.

78%

• 2 weeks later...

Really enjoyed this one. I personally much preferred it to the debut, but still need some more spins. First impression is a great AOR disc.