DoryDrive - Calling On Angels

Stefan

This is a great release from DoryDrive, I like it a lot. 'Calling On Angels' was released earlier this year and their debut album is packed to the brim with great modern rockers.

51mnUVY9BeL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Tracklist:

1. Never Easy (3:23)
2. Better Part Of Me (3:32)
3. Paramour (3:13)
4. Lite Me Up (3:10)
5. All The Same (4:01)
6. Tattooed (3:31)
7. Dance Baby Dance! (Our Romance) (3:12)
8. My Heroine (3:40)
9. Fallin' For You (3:49)
10. Heaven Falls From Angels (3:23)
11. Dirty Diana (3:37)
12. Your Gravity (Time Stands Still) (4:19)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjPl-bt-fyY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfvBkMDgi5I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UERHrBm_-io

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhpCIczSBmM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVgm4auxmr8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9TJV4AhqXs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCu_GKfQwyU

Very nice mate - I like pretty much all of those songs. Will track this down for sure........sounds like some of the best modern stuff ive heard this year! Exactly what I like.

Thanks for the heads up.

Fallin For You and Tattooed are killer melodic rock

My Heroine and Heaven Fall From Angels are okay ballad, quite good

Lite Me Up is heavy and pretty okay I guess

Dance Baby Dance is on the verge of being filler for me

Better Part of Me is very nice ballad

well Dirty Diana is questionable, not a strong pick IMHO too and probably unnecessary

overall based on those songs, this one has the potential to be in the 80% range

Sweet christ, I love that. This is what I hate about the whole modern rock scene. I download and try about 89,000 modern rock bands a week (and find a lot of great ones) but ones like this still slip through the cracks completely un-noticed. It makes me angry wondering who else out there is doing exactly what I love, and I don't know about it.

Nice find, will get this asap. Love those first 2 songs.

I'm really getting more into modern rock. I've been listening pretty long time now on and off but I'm picking up the pace in the last year or two. There are plenty of good stuff out there and this DoryDrive release is a good example of well-executed modern rock.

In the words of Geoff: Yum!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTjp-uMGP5I

I think these guys are from up here by me in the Twin Cities....I think they had their CD release party this year down in Rochester, MN and I always see the flyers/ads for them playing at a local bar, usually GB Leighton's Pickle Park. I don't believe I've ever seen them live though.

• 3 months later...

Got a hard copy of this the other day. Looks to be an independently released, and is silver pressed CD in digipack. Very basic, but a nice package overall, and killer music helps the cause too.

New video for 'Better Part Of Me':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_utfOWiFdU

Haha, what a gronky looking band. But all the luck in the world to them. Great CD and I'd LOVE to hear more from them.

Got a hard copy of this the other day. Looks to be an independently released, and is silver pressed CD in digipack. Very basic, but a nice package overall, and killer music helps the cause too.

Where did you get it? And don't say it was pricey....

Amazon.com. It wasn't pricey when I got it - just under $15 including postage. But now, including their new special "C*nt" postage rates, it will cost you $15 for postage alone. :(

Just looking at Amazon, though, I wouldn't trust buying the CD from the site directly - that looks like a CDR. I got mine from a seller on amazon, who doesn't seem to have another copy listed. Looks like the CD is hard as f*ck to obtain. :(

Amazon.com. It wasn't pricey when I got it - just under $15 including postage. But now, including their new special "C*nt" postage rates, it will cost you $15 for postage alone. :(

Just looking at Amazon, though, I wouldn't trust buying the CD from the site directly - that looks like a CDR. I got mine from a seller on amazon, who doesn't seem to have another copy listed. Looks like the CD is hard as f*ck to obtain. :(

Thanks!

And no thanks...to a cd-r that is.

Why the hell are artists making it hard to get a physical disc (it looks like this one was available as such)? Couldn't they just sell it on their web site?

Bloody c*nts!

Sweet christ, I love that. This is what I hate about the whole modern rock scene. I download and try about 89,000 modern rock bands a week (and find a lot of great ones) but ones like this still slip through the cracks completely un-noticed. It makes me angry wondering who else out there is doing exactly what I love, and I don't know about it.

I couldn't agree more with that. I know there's plenty of Modern Rock albums out there in the style that I like, but I'm probably missing out on a lot of them.

Spotify and the Related Artists feature has helped me find quite a few gems. Other than here, where are you finding yours?

I just got mine from Amazon. It came in a jewel case with nothing but front cover art and the track list. This is most likely a CD-R, but it appears to be a high quality one with a professional-looking label like you'd find on any other retail CD. I can't complain. I got it because it was only $2 more than the digital download and I prefer to have my own lossless source so I can encode my own mp3s.

• 4 months later...