putting automatic transmision in neutral and "drifting" to sav

66 mustang

• My Little Pony

Care to elaborate? What's the harm, exactly? Apart from accidentally putting it in reverse halfway down the hill. :)

Care to elaborate? What's the harm, exactly? Apart from accidentally putting it in reverse halfway down the hill. :)

You are shifting a car from gear into neutral and back more often than necessary. A normal automatic transmission is not designed for that. It's going to put an added strain on your transmission which will eventually lead to problems much earlier in the vehicle's life.

• My Little Pony

You are shifting a car from gear into neutral and back more often than necessary. A normal automatic transmission is not designed for that. It's going to put an added strain on your transmission which will eventually lead to problems much earlier in the vehicle's life.

Okay, cool. I don't actually drive an automatic, but it's good information for future reference. Not that I'd do something like that. It sounds like extra work. I just take my foot off the pedal and let gravity kick in.