Question about Retrospect

Leykis101

I dont see Sam on here anymore, and he doesnt answer my question, maybe one of you guys can, Sam told me that Rio - Sex Crimes was available on Timewarp Records, and I see it on the Retrospect website, does anyone know anything about

TIME WARP , STRIKEFORCE , EVIL EYE , SHOCK WAVE RECORDS

What are these and any info about them? sorry don't know how to fix font.

• My Little Pony

Time Warp are all boots. There is a thread around here about that. The others I haven't seen. An easy, although not definitive, way is to Google it. If no proper site or information comes up, I'd stay away.

• My Little Pony

Also, why is the thread called "Question about Retrospect" when it really isn't? Or we're you just trying to get Sam's attention?

Because Sam is who told me about it, and those are all labels that use Retrospect as their website, look on the retrsopect website, you'll find the albums available from those labels, that's why im trying to figure out what their all about, and I am trying to get sam to answer me, I really want to know if that Rio is available, if it's a boot it's probably still pretty shitty sound quality, which is my gripe with the copy i have, yeah i dont know the affiliation retrospect has to these other labels, are they all ran by sam? or what?

Dood, I own the CD. I assume you don't have any Time Warp CDs? If you're not aware, they're all CD-Rs and very cheaply made. I bought it because I love the album and band and knew what I was in for, but be warned it is a CD-R with very, very basic artwork. If you're after a silver pressing I'm 99.9% sure there is no such thing for this album, sadly.

Common sense would dictate why Retrospect is the only site with "Time Warp" records releases. Its a make believe label created to justify releasing bootlegs and making money off the bands.

Interesting comment ! You got any proof for this attack ?? I own quite a lot of RR releases and I've got next to nothing to complain about.

Common sense would dictate why Retrospect is the only site with "Time Warp" records releases. Its a make believe label created to justify releasing bootlegs and making money off the bands.

Interesting comment ! You got any proof for this attack ?? I own quite a lot of RR releases and I've got next to nothing to complain about.

Here we go again.. If you are implying that Sam is releasing these Timewarp releases himself you are 100% wrong.

Here we go again.. If you are implying that Sam is releasing these Timewarp releases himself you are 100% wrong.

YO!! MY ENTIRE POINT OF STARTING THIS THREAD WAS TO ASK ABOUT THESE? PLEASE DONT IMPLY THAT SAM IS RELEASING THESE, CAUSE HE IS NOT, BUT HE KNOWS WHO IS, AND ID LIKE TO KNOW A LITTLE BIT BEFORE I BUY THEM, AS IF THEY ARE REGISTERED OR LICENSED RELEASES, BECAUSE IF THEIR NOT I CAN JUST DOWNLOAD THE CD FOR FREE AND NOT HAVE TO PAY ANY MONEY FOR IT, IM JUST LOOKING FOR SOME ANSWERS, THATS IT, SO LETS NOT GET INTO A SHIT THROWING CONTEST, IM JUST TRYING TO GET SOME INFO, GEOFF HOW IS THE SOUND ON ATLANTIC RADIO? IS IT EVEN WORTH GETTING, OR SHOULD I STICK WITH MY COPY OFF LP?

YO!! MY ENTIRE POINT OF STARTING THIS THREAD WAS TO ASK ABOUT THESE? PLEASE DONT IMPLY THAT SAM IS RELEASING THESE, CAUSE HE IS NOT, BUT HE KNOWS WHO IS, AND ID LIKE TO KNOW A LITTLE BIT BEFORE I BUY THEM, AS IF THEY ARE REGISTERED OR LICENSED RELEASES, BECAUSE IF THEIR NOT I CAN JUST DOWNLOAD THE CD FOR FREE AND NOT HAVE TO PAY ANY MONEY FOR IT, IM JUST LOOKING FOR SOME ANSWERS, THATS IT, SO LETS NOT GET INTO A SHIT THROWING CONTEST, IM JUST TRYING TO GET SOME INFO, GEOFF HOW IS THE SOUND ON ATLANTIC RADIO? IS IT EVEN WORTH GETTING, OR SHOULD I STICK WITH MY COPY OFF LP?

My honest impression? I believe that the CD-R is actually ripped from the LP. That's how it sounds to me. Sound quality is decent, but yeah, I dare say that if you have the LP it probably came from there in the first place? If you can get it for really cheap you can give it a go, but if not and you're still happy spinning an LP, maybe better to stick with that.

I think if nothing else you already got your answer. These are not legit releases regardless of who is providing them. Now hopefully we can not wake a sleeping giant that had finally been laid to rest?

Obviously somebody hasnt told me something, this conversation has already gone on? maybe if I have some extra time, I will go search and dig these old threads up, I will have you all know i know nothing about any prior threads concerning this topic, so sorry to piss all of you off.

Obviously somebody hasnt told me something, this conversation has already gone on? maybe if I have some extra time, I will go search and dig these old threads up, I will have you all know i know nothing about any prior threads concerning this topic, so sorry to piss all of you off.

I don't think anyone is pissed off, but when you have about 3-4 days of nothing to do & read the old threads I think it will make more sense. You might PM Sam privately about the label, though it may take him a bit to reply. No worries man ;)

• 6 months later...

I would like to take this thread to tell Sam I hope he is better, and that he can fight through whats going on, we need you here bro, I cant buy my bootlegs from anyone else, and I will be pissed if what we discussed never happens, so get yourself better bro, I understand you cant keep everyone informed, but when you go silent off facebook I seriously become serious, and I do not like to be serious if you havent noticed, so I sure hope you all good bro! maybe you read this, maybe you dont? anyone know something I dont, please PM me, I hate being the idiot who chimes in 2 years to late, much like this entire thread for example.