James Durbin - Memories Of A Beautiful Disaster

T-BONE

Finally got to listen to this CD and... Is is this whole fucking thing autotuned? It seriously sounds like it to me... The music is pretty good, but I can't help but hear that damn autotune device... I'll have to try it in my truck. I'm hoping it's just my computer speakers/soundcard tricking me....

Finally got to listen to this CD and... Is is this whole fucking thing autotuned? It seriously sounds like it to me... The music is pretty good, but I can't help but hear that damn autotune device... I'll have to try it in my truck. I'm hoping it's just my computer speakers/soundcard tricking me....

Too vanilla to my ears. Nothing really exciting at all. Not bad by any means, but nothing to really stand out...

Meh. Corporate rock crapola.

I'll try listening to it again but I'm not really sure it's autotune, at least I've seen him couple of times live and most of the times he nailed a big voice and singing in key at ease.

I quite dig the whole album overall, but aside from how hard it's trying to be a real rock album, he still can't escape that the corporate/label needs to please the Idol fans, and that could be a trouble for hard rock/heavy metal fans in general.

I'll try listening to it again but I'm not really sure it's autotune, at least I've seen him couple of times live and most of the times he nailed a big voice and singing in key at ease.

I quite dig the whole album overall, but aside from how hard it's trying to be a real rock album, he still can't escape that the corporate/label needs to please the Idol fans, and that could be a trouble for hard rock/heavy metal fans in general.

Autotuned??! He's sings better live than 90% of the singers in our genre lol. I like the album - yeah for sure it's not the best album this year but it's good to hear a mainstream guy embracing something rock.

OK.... listened to this in my truck on my way to a local bands show tonight, and It's much better... but I still think some of the voice is "processed" sounding. I do get a "play it safe" kind of feeling on some of the tunes, but on others, James lets it wail and I love it. I give credit where it's due and the album is a 7/10 for me as of now... the other tunes may grow on me after a few spins... His voice reminds me of Michael Eden of Eden's Curse in a way

Oh.... I'm running Kilpsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1's for computer speakers along with a SoundBlaster XtremeMusic X-Fi sound card. The Creative Labs settings has a setting for an effect called a "Crystalyzer" and thats what was making my speakers have a slightly weird effect on music. It's like a trebel boost in a way, but also gives it a weird surrpund sound effect that makes things sound like they're revolving around you in a way. I think that effect will remain in the "OFF" position, thanks...

OK.... listened to this in my truck on my way to a local bands show tonight, and It's much better... but I still think some of the voice is "processed" sounding. I do get a "play it safe" kind of feeling on some of the tunes, but on others, James lets it wail and I love it. I give credit where it's due and the album is a 7/10 for me as of now... the other tunes may grow on me after a few spins... His voice reminds me of Michael Eden of Eden's Curse in a way

See my comment in the other thread re Edens Curse - backed 100%