Primal Fear

AlphaMale

PRIMAL%2BFEAR%2B-%2BBad%2BGuys%2BWear%2BBlack%2Bsingle.gif

PRIMAL FEAR always was one of the few metal acts to equally please headbangers and melodic hard rockers. I really dig their sense of melody and aptly choruses in their music. The band is ready to release their ninth studio album “Unbreakable” on January 20th 2012 in Europe and January 24th in North America.

“Unbreakable” will be anticipated by the digital only release of the single “Bad Guys Wear Black”, also including the track “Metal Nation” (in an exclusive single mix) on December 5th 2011. The new album promises a well-balanced 'back to the roots' sound and style. “Bad Guys Wear Black” is a rhythm paced melodic metal anthem, whilst “Metal Nation”, despite the title, has a melodic hard rock vibe that reminds you the band's more accessible stuff from the late nineties.

Magnus Karlsson (Allen/Lande, Kiske/Somerville) and Alex Beyrodt (Sinner) are worldwide respected guitarists, Ralf Scheepers vocal performance shines bright, and what can go wrong if you’re backed by one of the best rhythm sections in metal with Randy Black and the omnipresent Mat Sinner?

Plus backing vocals by the 'Fantastic Four': Ralf Scheepers, Mat Sinner, Erik Martensson (Toby Hitchcock, W.E.T.) and Oliver Hartmann.

01 - Bad Guys Wear Black

02 - Metal Nation (single mix) [Exclusive track]

Ralf Scheepers – Vocals

Alex Beyrodt – Guitars

Magnus Karlsson – Guitar, Keyboards

Randy Black – Drums

Mat Sinner – Bass, Backing Vocals, Production

Erik Martensson - Backing Vocals

Oliver Hartmann - Backing Vocals

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I miss that Naumann/Leibing twin attack.This one better go the distance....

Jaws of Death was great with those two but so was the Leibing/Wolter duo on Nuclear Fire and Black Sun! Randy Black's drumming does bury Klaus Sperling and I wonder how better those early releases would of been with Black behind the drum stool.

Not ultra-impressed with the new single. A good headbanging tune but if this what defines the whole album, then I'm afraid it's gonna be a 70%-75% type of album.

Expect something more and hopefully they have that something behind their sleeve

• 1 month later...

I'm almost through with my first spin and I have to say as a fan since 1999 I'm pretty impressed. The band kind of lost it's way with adding symphonic pieces on the New Religion disc and almost found it's way back on "16.6" release but with the new "Unbreakable" almost finds them going all the way back. There's a nice mix of the old school metal from the early albums as well as some of the melody that found it's way onto "Nuclear Fire" and "Black Sun". There's also a couple of tunes that have a big Helloween style that I hadn't heard from PF before. I was concerned with all of the guitar player changes and now that Wolter, Leibing and Naumann are no longer in the band but the combo of Karlsson and Beyrodt seem to be working just fine. I think this disc would of fit nicely between the Black Sun and Devils Ground releases.