Jimi Jamison back in Survivor!

Kim_Hp

well yeah it's time to capitalize the reunion culture before everything's too late, great news!

now probably next year news are Harem Scarem back in action again, and probably Scorpions cancelling farewell and back for another album :guitbannana:

roll on 2012 for a new release, and gotta do it fast before the 'new grunge' sweeping in 2014-2015 and kill everything in sight :christmas:

YES! Psych. I seriously don't care, but that said I do hope that they do record a great album. And for that to truly happen, I hope Peterik stays away. :lol: Seriously, I'd just prefer the project to go forth without him and see the results.

YES! Psych. I seriously don't care, but that said I do hope that they do record a great album. And for that to truly happen, I hope Peterik stays away. :lol: Seriously, I'd just prefer the project to go forth without him and see the results.

I guess you're into experimenting but ya know JP's written most of Survivor's hits...... I just feel Survivor wouldn't be the band it is without JP.

I can't honestly imagine JP rejoining Survivor given the fact 2012 is supposed to have a new Pride Of Lions album & along with it some decent amount of touring.

It's hard to fathom the two bands going at once, one must give. Then again I'm hoping for both bands to be on the go.

I'm really hoping JP will rejoin Survivor.

I guess you're into experimenting but ya know JP's written most of Survivor's hits...... I just feel Survivor would be the band it is without JP.

I can't honestly imagine JP rejoining Survivor given the fact 2012 is supposed to have a new Pride Of Lions album & along with it some decent amount of touring.

It's hard to fathom the two bands going at once, one must give. Then again I'm hoping for both bands to be on the go.

Yeah pretty weird comment really given that JP wrote virtually every Survivor song. I doubt he will join to be honest - personally I'm more excited about Jimi's new solo album which has been written by Erik Martensson!!

I guess you're into experimenting but ya know JP's written most of Survivor's hits...... I just feel Survivor would be the band it is without JP.

Yeah pretty weird comment really given that JP wrote virtually every Survivor song. I doubt he will join to be honest - personally I'm more excited about Jimi's new solo album which has been written by Erik Martensson!!

Erik's hard hitting brand of mhr may not be ideal for JJ......... then again I'm happy to wait & see what'll come out.

I didn't think much of Toby Hitcock's album, no disrecpect to Erik but... I felt Toby's voice wasn't all right on those songs.

Well I thought he sounded great & that album is pretty much melodic hard rock perfection for me :-)

Do you really think that EM will produce songs heavier than those on THTS?? Jimi sounds perfect on that album - still my fav Survivor album!

Well I thought he sounded great & that album is pretty much melodic hard rock perfection for me :-)

Do you really think that EM will produce songs heavier than those on THTS?? Jimi sounds perfect on that album - still my fav Survivor album!

EM's mega talented, never the less, I'd be keen on hearing how JJ goes in a heavier direction if its the case.

Seeing JJ both times at Firefest was fantastic, I'd love to have heard a few tunes on the heavier side just to mix up the set list & hopefully EM could be coming through with those :)

So am I mate. Martensson is the best songwriter on the MHR scene IMO...

Peterik may have written most of Survivor's hits - even though the only ones I really care about are from 'Too hot to sleep' - but you're only as good as your last pug petting session, and Peterik's last about 5 albums have been utterly disgusting. My anus could write better songs than the last POL disc, or his *shudder* solo album. If he could ever write a decent song, I think he's shown he certainly can't anymore. :)

I'm more excited about Jimi's new solo album which has been written by Erik Martensson!!

Wow, talk about unexciting news. With Martensson involved I can safely say I won't buy it, or even listen to it. The guy writes some of the most uninspired and dull melodic rock I've ever heard and I can't imagine him coming up with something decent for Jamison either. We'll just have another "Mercury's Down" on our hands, an OK record, but please aren't there other songwriters out there???

I'm more excited about Jimi's new solo album which has been written by Erik Martensson!!

Wow, talk about unexciting news. With Martensson involved I can safely say I won't buy it, or even listen to it. The guy writes some of the most uninspired and dull melodic rock I've ever heard and I can't imagine him coming up with something decent for Jamison either. We'll just have another "Mercury's Down" on our hands, an OK record, but please aren't there other songwriters out there???

Opposite for me. If it was just another Jamison album I'd be as interested as I'd be in getting my nuts waxed by an angle grinder. But with Martensson involved you already know that, regardless of what happens, this is going to be - by far - Jamison's best ever album, with the best songs he's ever sung (maybe only second to the Kimball one... haven't heard that as yet but hoping for good things). ;) I only hope he gets someone else to do the production after he does everything else. :)

Again!! The last 'comeback' disc with Jamison didn't exactly set the world on fire and everyone, except Sullivan, seems to be doing very well thankyou with their other numerous projects etc. I really think it is time to leave the Survivor name alone now and leave it to some of the new boys to keep the flag flying.