Issa: "The Storm" review

My review of the new Issa album, "The Storm," is now available over at Hardrock Haven. Click the link below to check it out:

Issa review

Little less anthemic and more straight-forward than the debut. You can decide for yourself whether or not that's a good thing.

My review of the new Issa album, "The Storm," is now available over at Hardrock Haven. Click the link below to check it out:

Issa review

Little less anthemic and more straight-forward than the debut. You can decide for yourself whether or not that's a good thing.

thanks for that review - that's pretty much made up my mind NOT to buy this record - I was one of the biggest critics of her debut for not rocking enough, and if this is even less so, them I dont think i'll bother.

Wasnt impressed that much with the single that hit you tube either.

Interesting with Sall involved - just wondered what his penned tracks sound like, as the 2 he penned for Xorigin sound exactly like Work Of Art..........

Issa review

Thanks for that review - that's pretty much made up my mind NOT to buy this record - I was one of the biggest critics of her debut for not rocking enough and if this is even less so, then I don't think I'll bother.

If you didn't like the debut, no need to bother with this follow-up. Using songs from the debut for comparison, there's a lot more "River of Love" on this sophomore album than "I'm Alive," if you know what I mean.

• 3 weeks later...

Issa review

Thanks for that review - that's pretty much made up my mind NOT to buy this record - I was one of the biggest critics of her debut for not rocking enough and if this is even less so, then I don't think I'll bother.

If you didn't like the debut, no need to bother with this follow-up. Using songs from the debut for comparison, there's a lot more "River of Love" on this sophomore album than "I'm Alive," if you know what I mean.

Based on that comment alone I have my testicles cupped in my hand in anticipation. I pre-ordered this about a month ago and will let a particle of sweat leave my brow each day it's not here. Loved the debut, especially 'River of love' (which is 100 times better than 'I'm alive.')

• 3 weeks later...

Well, finally got this one yesterday and took it for a spin. Initial thoughts are positive, but it is clearly not as good as the amazing debut. And this is for no other reason than the songs were just better the first time around. There were a few that stood out for me like 'Please Hold On,' 'Invincible' and 'Black Clouds' and there's certainly no rubbish on here. But that said, there's also nothing to rival the likes of 'River of love,' 'Closer' or 'How will I know.' In fact, I think there would be about 6-8 songs on the debut better than the best on this CD.

Just looking over the track list of the debut, that thing was a fresh, exciting monster of an album. In a year of countless sophomore albums, this one definitely doesn't rate as close to the amazing debut as others have. Like I said, I like it just fine and maybe her only crime was releasing a debut that good.

I thought it's exactly idential to the debut, the vibe, the style, the singing technique, and everything. I've seen some rated it higher than the debut, but I'm pretty sure it's a tie.

Even if it's different, I think it's only by a narrow 5% margin spread, don't u think ?

I thought it's exactly idential to the debut, the vibe, the style, the singing technique, and everything. I've seen some rated it higher than the debut, but I'm pretty sure it's a tie.

Even if it's different, I think it's only by a narrow 5% margin spread, don't u think ?

Wow, no way, mate. I know it's only my first spin, but I know for sure that I found the debut far more "explosive," for lack of a better world. The best choruses were just huge and so catchy.

For instance, those 3 songs I mentioned (for a start) - 'River of love,' 'Closer' or 'How will I know.' Do you seriously reckon there's anything anywhere near as good as those 3 are? I personally didn't think any of the songs - solid as they are - came close.

Wow, no way, mate. I know it's only my first spin, but I know for sure that I found the debut far more "explosive," for lack of a better world. The best choruses were just huge and so catchy.

For instance, those 3 songs I mentioned (for a start) - 'River of love,' 'Closer' or 'How will I know.' Do you seriously reckon there's anything anywhere near as good as those 3 are? I personally didn't think any of the songs - solid as they are - came close.

Best song on the debut by about 4 light years was 'As I Live & Breathe'.

Fact.

Best song on the debut by about 4 light years was 'As I Live & Breathe'.

Fact.

You mean the 4th best song obviously? Yeah, I could maybe agree with that. I also think that song is better than any from the new album.