What a night of baseball!

rogerrocket

Not sure how many of you guys are baseball fans, but was last night the best night of baseball or what? I had the remote smoking, going back and forth between the Red Sox/Orioles and The Braves/Phillies games on the two ESPN's, my local FSN game (Diamondbacks/Dodgers - which got interesting at the end) and all the look-ins on MLB Network. Totally crazy how things ended (and how long it took for the games to finish). The Red Sox loss didn't surprise me too much, but that Rays game was unbelievable. The Braves/Phillies game was like watching someone die slowly. That was brutal. You could see it on all the Braves players faces after the Phillies tied it up.

All the first round playoff match-ups look to be good series. I don't think any one team will be over-matched (even the Cardinals - they were 6-3 against Philly this year). Even though my Dodgers were out of it a long time ago, it I still get to experience the playoff buzz with the D-Backs. Can't wait until Saturday!

www.wishingwellonline.com

Np - Trouble Tribe - s/t

Yep. Two wildcard races tied on the last day of the season, and BOTH result in the #1 and #2 collapses of all time (Boston was 9 games up on the Rays at the beginning of September, and the Braves were 8.5 games up on the Cardinals).

Nothing gives me warmer fuzzies than watching the Braves die a slow horrific death... expect maybe when the Phillies did it to the Mets a few years ago.

As a Orioles fan... my playoff game was last night. I took great pleasure in watching the O's all but end the Red Sox season. After the Orioles 2 run 9th, in which they were down to their last strike with bases empty, against Papelbon.. I had just enough time to switch the channel to watch the Yankees go down as Evan Longoria hit a walk-off home run in the 12th.

Kind of funny how "Red Sox Nation" actually had to root for the Yankees. Even funnier... They were rooting for the Yankees and they lost.

You've got to hand it to Tampa Bay... They never quit. It would be nice to see a team like that win the Series.

Yeah NO SHIT! what pissed me off was, when the Orioles game went into rain delay, they cut to the Rays game, which i naturally assumed was over when it was like 79 to nothing(exaggeration)but then in the 8th they went on that mind blowing tear, and when they sent that pinch hitter up down 7-6 and he parked that single shot that tied it, my jaw hit the floor, then they cut out of that game, and went back to the Orioles game, I was fucking irate, no I was fucking furious, you don't show people that kind of come back, then completely leave coverage all together after they rallied from 7 to 0 and tie it up in the 9th inning, and with that much on the line, but if this is any indication how the playoffs are going to go, i almost cant wait for them to start, its going to be a good run this year, im ecstatic!

Yeah NO SHIT! what pissed me off was, when the Orioles game went into rain delay, they cut to the Rays game, which i naturally assumed was over when it was like 79 to nothing(exaggeration)but then in the 8th they went on that mind blowing tear, and when they sent that pinch hitter up down 7-6 and he parked that single shot that tied it, my jaw hit the floor, then they cut out of that game, and went back to the Orioles game, I was fucking irate, no I was fucking furious, you don't show people that kind of come back, then completely leave coverage all together after they rallied from 7 to 0 and tie it up in the 9th inning, and with that much on the line, but if this is any indication how the playoffs are going to go, i almost cant wait for them to start, its going to be a good run this year, im ecstatic!

Yeah... not sure about switching games after the comeback the Rays had.

I was watching the Orioles game on my local channel so I didn't have to worry about the network switching from game to game. I was flipping to the Rays game between innings though.

Great to have some new blood in the playoffs. I'll be pulling for the Rays and the Brewers, though it wouldn't bother me if the Rangers made The Series.

I was watching the Orioles game on my local channel so I didn't have to worry about the network switching from game to game. I was flipping to the Rays game between innings though.

Great to have some new blood in the playoffs. I'll be pulling for the Rays and the Brewers, though it wouldn't bother me if the Rangers made The Series.

Anybody but the fuckin Spankees! and im going to have an enjoyable time, seeing my favorite time of the year is coming up, the one week in October that the NBA starts, MLB is going, and the NFL, all 3 sports at once, but that week will not make it this year, so we gotta have extra good playoffs.

BREW CREW!!!

I'm psyched my Cards came back to make the playoffs with all the injury issues they had this year and one of the worst bullpens in baseball and on top of that Pujols worst season yet and with his contract issue hanging over the team. Kudos to them for never giving up.

I thought it was awesome in the Rays game that the HR's by Dan Johnson and Longoria went out in the opposite corners and were in the lowest and shortest parts of the park.

What a night and it was by far the most exciting night of regular season baseball that I can remember. I liked how ESPN had the games on both channels but hated how they only had 3 of the 4 games and never showed anything from the Cardinals Astros game. I know it was a blow out but it would of been nice to see a live look in from time to time to see Carp throw his two hit Gem.

Now something I hate is how much talk is being given to the Sox this and the Sox that and their meltdown. The media is so slanted to Boston and NY you'd think the NL doesn't even exist sometimes.

Also think it's hilarious that the Sox have become what they loathed basically another bloated Yankee cloan with big wasted contracts on over priced free agents. You'll notice that even the Yanks were not dumb enough to offer Crawford 20Million per year. And the Lackey deal was bad too. I think they'll be happy with Gonzales. The Sox were the fun underdogs in 2003/2004 but not anymore.

I'm just proud of the way the Orioles played the last couple weeks of the season... especially the final series against the Red Sox. They could have easily just have laid down and thrown in the towel. I guess I wasn't that surprised, even with a terrible record they played hard all year long. Great way to end the season for Oriole fans.

I'm just proud of the way the Orioles played the last couple weeks of the season... especially the final series against the Red Sox. They could have easily just have laid down and thrown in the towel. I guess I wasn't that surprised, even with a terrible record they played hard all year long. Great way to end the season for Oriole fans.

Buck has that affect on players. If they stick with him and don't try to over spend in the FA market and just grow the team in the same way the Rays have they could get somewhere in a few years.

Rays opening up a can o' Whup-Ass on the Rangers tonight... yeesh!

Matt Moore? Who the f@#k is Matt Moore? He does this in his 2nd start ever.

What's funny is someone on Espn this morning predicted that Matt Moore would throw a gem and the Rays would win and I thought to myself "you're out of your mind". I guess I was wrong.

• 3 weeks later...