LANSDOWNE "Blue Collar Revolver" CD

hardrockhaven

Fans of Theory of A Deadman and Nickelback would do well to check these guys out. Their cd is out and I just recently downloaded it from Itunes. My brother Metalmaniac777 told me to check them out and I'm glad he did. I think there's a few people of the board who will appreciate what these guys are throwin' down. Here's one of their tracks below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01h8EwYG0Ys&feature=related

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I was hoping a couple of these songs would make an impact in my 2012 list until I realised this was released in 2011, and it has therefore been correctly placed in the list from last year.

But the disc deserves better than to fade into oblivion without me at least dropping my quick review of this one. I do like this for a couple of really excellent songs, one being that magnificent ballad, 'Holding on,' in the post above, which is Hinder at their absolute finest.

Here are my quick thoughts:

01. Watch Me Burn - a bit cliché, but otherwise a very good modern rock opener - 7.50

02. One Shot - pretty typical again, but a good modern rocker - 7.25

03. Open Your Eyes - good modern rock ballad - 8.00

04. Secret That You Keep - another pretty fine modern rock ballad - 8.00

05. Drag Me Down - solid hard rocker - 7.00

06. No More - very bland modern rock - 6.00

07. Holding On - excellent Hinder style ballad - 9.50

08. Up All Night - very typical modern rock again, but a good rocker - 7.25

09. By Your Side - solid modern rock, but not great - 6.50

10. Used To Be - another killer, really quite sentimental ballad - excellent - 9.50

- TOTAL SCORE - 77%

And check out this one for another perfect Hinder ballad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kosTPolvFO0&feature=related

Can't argue with that review. "Open Your Eyes" has really grown on me. Been listening to that one a lot for the past couple of weeks.

My favorites in order would be:

Holding On

Open Your Eyes

Used to Be

Secret That You Keep

Watch Me Burn

The rest to me are just average and I don't listen to them as much as the others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uwUt0KABaw

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Pretty good stuff. Gonna check this out ASAP as I totally missed this thread. :anon:

• 5 months later...

Wasn't really a big fan of the EP they released this year. Quite average, and no gems like the last album.

• 3 years later...

Anyone have the Blue Collar Revolver CD?  I've been looking to buy it but not finding it in the normal places.

I've got MP3 download of this album recently and digging  it.  Would like to get the CD or maybe WAV files at least.

I don't listen to a lot of this type of modern rock.  Always enjoyed Hinder though and getting a similar vibe from some of these songs.

Think I've seen on Facebook these guys have said they're working on getting prior releases re-issued on physical format.

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, Grey said:

I've been trying to find this on CD or in any lossless format since it was relased. No luck here either.

They've recently added a CD to their web store.  It has their No Home But The Road EP plus their Blue Collar Revolver songs on it.  My copy should show up soon.  

https://lansdownemusic.com/

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

I wanted this one as well but by the looks of it the band don't want to sell the CD outside the States.

Total cost $58.13 ($43.14 shipping) to Finland!

Good grief.

Yikes.  That has to be a mistake on their part or something.  I'd message them on FB or something to ask.

I never paid attention to these guys until recently stumbling across them.  I'm digging most of their stuff for something a little bit different than what I'm normally listening to....nothing fancy or groundbreaking but solid modern melodic rock.

• 2 weeks later...