43 Pro Hockey players die in plane crash

zacharyamelie

Airplane crash

Lots of names I know including the coach Brad McCrimmon and super star player Pavol Demitra.

What shitty day to be a sports fan.

I was watching ESPN News when they interrupted with this very sad news. When it was first reported they decided not to give a list of the players until they had been confirmed. I ran right for the computer to see if I could find the list. As I read the list I noticed about a third of the way down was one of my top 10 players of all-time... Pavol Demitra.

Very sad indeed... Hockey has had a really tough off-season this year.

A German player was amongst them as well, Robert Dietrich. He just started playing for this team. R.I.P. Yes, a very tragic incident !! :(

Horrible news. Awful summer for hockey with the suicides and now this. One person I am a little worried for is New York Rangers player Marian Gaborik. First he lost his very close friend Derek Boogaard when he committed suicide this summer and today he lost another very close friend in Pavol Demitra. Last I heard was he left in the middle of Rangers practice today and no one has heard from him since. :unsure: