A GREAT day to be a Philly fan!

heavyharmonies

Phillies get Hunter Pence from the Astros in a STEAL of a deal (4 no-name minor league players and Houston pays Philly $1M).

Eagles swoop in out of nowhere and sign Nnamdi Asomugha, and no one saw it coming. Possibility that Asante Samuel may be out the door, but right now the Eagles OWN all the CBs in the NFL.

At the end of 2009 the Eagles snuck in and grabbed Michael Vick, which has turned out great thus far.

No one saw the Phillies being the winner in the Cliff Lee sweepstakes.

The front offices of the Philly teams have been doing a GREAT job of keeping things under wraps, and scoring some great trades.

The Eagles just got an excellent trade for Kevin Kolb (who is now sickly overpaid) and then today signed Vince Young to a 1-year deal to back up Vick. Some may say that Vince Young is a waste of a slot, but Andy Reid is good at these "human reclamation projects" ala Vick. It's a good fit.

I'm psyched.

Nnamdi is no Darrelle Revis....still the best cover corner in the league...

I saw Randy Moss torch Revis. I have never seen Nnamdi burnt...

First game back from pulled hammy....Never burned before or since. Revis is still # 1.

I saw Randy Moss torch Revis. I have never seen Nnamdi burnt...

First game back from pulled hammy....Never burned before or since. Revis is still # 1.

He's a great corner, don't get me wrong. But if I could choose either one in their prime (Nnamdi is in his 9th season I believe), I would take him over Revis. I didn't see Revis play all that well after the hammy injury. Lets see what he does this year.

• 1 month later...

Well, it just goes to prove that you can spend all the money in the world on talent, and it doesn't necessarily mean shit.

The Eagles look like third rate wannabes. The defense looks like complete garbage, and that was supposed to be the best evah... not.

Not just poor, but disgustingly poor.

Bleagh.

I'm guessing today isn't one of those days.

Being a Cubs fan first and a Jays fans second, the best I could hope for was that Halliday (a fan of his because of what he did in Toronto) could win one with the Phillies, since my teams will never win again in my lifetime. In two playoff years, he throws a perfect game and last night threw a great game but has failed to advance to the World Series. *I'm shaking my head now*

Where were the bats? It was another series where the hitters went silent.

Shut up, I'm in mourning. :crying:

The Philly bats picked a horrible time to go into a slump. Then again, offensively this wasn't the team of several years ago. The stellar pitching covered up major offensive weakness over the course of the season.

*sigh*

Great game that was..I actually didn't prefer one of those teams over the other. It was a pretty good series though.

As far as Philly fans go... They are never happy anway.. :bananamac:

As an O's fan I'm just glad the Red Sox and the Yankees are done.