Teargas

phaffas

For f*ck's sake. I just checked the online stores at the websites for JB Hi Fi, HMV, Utopia and Red Eye Records and not one of the f*ckers has the new Teargas EP. And they didn't have Deadthings either. No wonder these bands never get anywhere when you can't even buy the f*cking CDs in their home country

This is the best comment I have ever read on Heavy Harmoies in the past 5 years.

I had to order the cd from Australian band "Doom Fox" from germany. I have since seen it at JB for 4-trillion dollars, but that deosn't expalin why I can't buy the cd from a local band at the local record store.

What really annoyed me is that I was told the cd was not available in australia, yet whe I orderd it nd from germany... and received it..... it said "made in Australia".

Thumbs up to touring bands like Hell City Glamous, Sebasrockets, Deadthings,.... enabling me to buy the cd in person.

Funny you say that the Hell City Glamours sell their own cds.... as whilst theyre bad boys on stage.. ive seen a mother of someone in the band sell her little boys cd's...

why can't I get into the hell city glamours?

I find them very lacking.

i also found them very lacking..

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For f*ck's sake. I just checked the online stores at the websites for JB Hi Fi, HMV, Utopia and Red Eye Records and not one of the f*ckers has the new Teargas EP. And they didn't have Deadthings either. No wonder these bands never get anywhere when you can't even buy the f*cking CDs in their home country

This is the best comment I have ever read on Heavy Harmoies in the past 5 years.

I had to order the cd from Australian band "Doom Fox" from germany. I have since seen it at JB for 4-trillion dollars, but that deosn't expalin why I can't buy the cd from a local band at the local record store.

What really annoyed me is that I was told the cd was not available in australia, yet whe I orderd it nd from germany... and received it..... it said "made in Australia".

Thumbs up to touring bands like Hell City Glamous, Sebasrockets, Deadthings,.... enabling me to buy the cd in person.

Funny you say that the Hell City Glamours sell their own cds.... as whilst theyre bad boys on stage.. ive seen a mother of someone in the band sell her little boys cd's...

why can't I get into the hell city glamours?

I find them very lacking.

i also found them very lacking..

I think I saw them open for Brides of Destruction a few years ago. I kind of enjoyed them, I think, but the sound quality was so shit I don't think I heard one word of vocals all night. As much as I enjoyed the show, though, I never noted them down as a band so seek out. I'd still be interested to hear what they sound like today though.

• 10 months later...

Unfortunately it appears as if teargas is no more. They have called it a day.

Sounds like the new sound didn't go over well with fans.

They are playing one final gig (Augst some time off the top of my head) where they will finally agree to play some of their old melodic gems (which they have refused to play since changing their style).

Would lvoe to go one last time, but don't think I'll be able to make it over.

Check out thier myspace page if you want more info.

They are playing one final gig (Augst some time off the top of my head) where they will finally agree to play some of their old melodic gems (which they have refused to play since changing their style).

What a waste..

What a waste..

They repressed their melodic background as much as possible when they wnet with the new image, but hopefully now they can do something with all the other awesome tracks they had. Surely they have demos and live recordings that some label would die to release.

What a sad, sad story. I loved both EPs (the debut more so) and am rather crushed to hear that the world will more than likely never know how good they really were (Best Aussie band ever?). :(

Best Aussie band ever? Careful Geoff dear, dont lose yourself in the moment. yes the first EP was awesome though.

I heard a few of their other melodic rock tracks at JSS... plus wayyy back when i use to go to their forum (Linds you were there too right?) they often discussed all the melodic rock songs they had written and recorded... which ended up never happening. From memory for a VERY short time they had a song for download but i never got it.. but a few people out there did.

as much as I miss & adore the 5 piece classic line up era of Teargas, this break up needed to happen unless the band decided to muster up the strenght & return to their roots. the change of musical direction was a waste of time, imho.

Al should have come up with a new name for the heavier & uglier sound & therefore leaving the Teargas legacy to full honours instead of tarnishing it.

Teargas will always a 1 e.p band for me & I hope the rumour about the classic line up of blatt, filmore, cox, ross & gammie reuniting for a gig or two somewhere in time does eventuate.

I'd personally love it if Teargas just keeps releasing AOR / melodic rock albums even as a mere studio project as the songsmiths there really know to pen marvelously melodic tunes. There are still ears out there for such talent.

as much as I miss & adore the 5 piece classic line up era of Teargas, this break up needed to happen unless the band decided to muster up the strenght & return to their roots. the change of musical direction was a waste of time, imho.

Al should have come up with a new name for the heavier & uglier sound & therefore leaving the Teargas legacy to full honours instead of tarnishing it.

Teargas will always a 1 e.p band for me & I hope the rumour about the classic line up of blatt, filmore, cox, ross & gammie reuniting for a gig or two somewhere in time does eventuate.

I'd personally love it if Teargas just keeps releasing AOR / melodic rock albums even as a mere studio project as the songsmiths there really know to pen marvelously melodic tunes. There are still ears out there for such talent.

Totally agree.. the change in style should have gone hand-in-hand with a change in name. Their original stuff was incredible, and ... I guess the 2nd EP has tarnished the reputation that the band did build up.

That first disc was absolutely killer and it's a shame that a band that was on these scene for about 5-6 years only has three killer tracks to show for it.

The line-up was never settled. Even before this final break up there was another lineup change.

Fingers crossed for some typre of return to the melodic realm for these guys - Al has a voice perfect for the genre, and theoriginal guitar assault will never be equalled.

Best Aussie band ever? Careful Geoff dear, dont lose yourself in the moment. yes the first EP was awesome though.

Not a doubt in my mind, mate. And I stand by that statement. Based on what I heard at the JSS show (about 12 full original songs), only Roxus and BB Steal's material has come close to that, and even then, if Teargas had been able to release a full album of the stuff I heard that night, I definitely think it was capable of knocking those two off the top.

I heard a few of their other melodic rock tracks at JSS... plus wayyy back when i use to go to their forum (Linds you were there too right?) they often discussed all the melodic rock songs they had written and recorded... which ended up never happening. From memory for a VERY short time they had a song for download but i never got it.. but a few people out there did.

Yes... the old days on the teargas forum.

I remember they were offerinmg to send people demos for comment. I asked Al about these about a year later but he kinda shurugged it off. I'm not sure if they ever gave them out or not.

Yes... the old days on the teargas forum.

I remember they were offerinmg to send people demos for comment. I asked LA about these about a year later but he kinda shurugged it off. I'm not sure if they ever gave them out or not.

they even mentioned writing a few aor songs...

• 8 months later...

Al is playing this Saturday night with his Motley Crue tribute band. White Widdow is a side project of Jules from the Deadthings.

:guitbannana:

• 1 year later...

from obscurity i pulled an old cdr that i got from Geoff of 'A Dark Obsession' , and wow... have my opinions changed on this one...!!!

Originally i couldn't sit thru it cos it was a bit too heavy/dark for my tastes. But on my recent spins i am absolutely loving this one now! Have had it in my car for 3 days straight now.

Definitely a lot more melodic than i remember, and maybe 1 track that i'm not 100% fond of (think it was track 3).

Now to get my hads on a copy...finally!

:party421:

What a trip reading some of these old posts. I had no idea Geoff and Matt were so obsessed with this band lol

I saw them support JSS back in 2004 and without sounding disrespectful cannot remember a single song. Someone in the band was wearing a headband and that's all I recall. I remember talking to Gary Schutt and Jeff's wife before the show so possibly this was while Teargas was on.

from obscurity i pulled an old cdr that i got from Geoff of 'A Dark Obsession' , and wow... have my opinions changed on this one...!!!

Originally i couldn't sit thru it cos it was a bit too heavy/dark for my tastes. But on my recent spins i am absolutely loving this one now! Have had it in my car for 3 days straight now.

Definitely a lot more melodic than i remember, and maybe 1 track that i'm not 100% fond of (think it was track 3).

Now to get my hads on a copy...finally!

:party421:

Gee, that Geoff guy was right? Wow, what a, uh, surprise and stuff.

Seriously, could never understand what you guys were missing in that 2nd EP. It's freakin' awesome... as you now know. ;)

James, I'll try to upload the 2 EPs for you. Second one might be a bit "modern" for your tastes, but I'll try my best. Killer band.

yes, definitely 2 completely different sounding eps.

i should hopefully have the 2nd ep in my hands shortly. As Geoff says, the 2nd one is more modern, which sorta put these guys ahead of their time a bit.

i still much prefer the first one, but have a new found appreciation for the 2nd.

btw, even as of late last year there was still talk of a one-off reunion gig. wonder if it will ever happen....?