First Scorpions...then Priest...now KROKUS

Fat Freddy

KROKUS Planning 'One More Great Album', Followed By Farewell Tour - Mar. 23, 2011

Rob Cavuoto of Guitar International recently conducted an interview with KROKUS bassist Chris von Rohr. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

Guitar International: What prevented you from coming to the U.S. to support "Hoodoo"?

Chris von Rohr: Because everyone in the U.S. was in financial trouble at the time. In 1984, you could get your flight and hotels paid for and then get money from the gig. With all the financial issues now, we can't go there to lose money or pay to play. KROKUS is not big where we can make a lot of money off ticket prices or merchandise. It doesn't make sense for us. In Europe we can fill up stadiums and make some money to survive. The only thing that would come close, is to go on tour with three other bands from that era and tour the U.S. We're missing the States. Even though we aren't the biggest of the big now, we still want to come back to the states and make up for the lost time. Hopefully the whole situation in the U.S. gets better soon, because the fans deserve to hear how this band rocks nowadays, there's no old fart sh*t here.

Guitar International: What does the future hold for KROKUS?

Chris von Rohr: To tell you the truth, if you wanna make God laugh, tell him your plans! We wanna make one more great KROKUS album to say goodbye. To do something that ends the legacy with pride and a good feeling. We started that with "Hoodoo" and plan to do one more, which will come out mid or end of 2012. Then a farewell tour to finish off our careers with pride. At the moment, we're just as good as we were in the "Headhunter" days. Marc [storace, vocals] is hitting the high notes and singing his ass off. The band is tighter than ever and we're still having lots of fun. We want to close with something big and positive. Maybe a great live album and a DVD of all the classics plus some new stuff. Who knows, maybe we can make it in the U.S., because we miss the country that brought us rock 'n' roll, hot babes and Coca-cola!

That Sucks... :yikes:

The "Metal Rendezvous", along with The Runaways "Waitin' For The Night", was one of the releases that sent me down this path I lead today. Still in my top 5 of all time.

the last album, "Hoodoo", also pretty good IMO

well somehow i think this can be a good marketing trick you know, dissolving your band and then announce a big come back in 3-4 years, the album can be a big hit :)

i can see things like :

- George Lynch back with Dokken in 2-3 years and release a classic line-up album with Jeff Pilson

- Mike Portnoy back with Dream Theater in 3-4 years

- Harem Scarem is back in business in 2-3 years, maybe 4

:D

That Sucks... :yikes:

The "Metal Rendezvous", along with The Runaways "Waitin' For The Night", was one of the releases that sent me down this path I lead today. Still in my top 5 of all time.

Agreed, 'Metal Rendezvous' is still one of my all time favorite hard rock discs ever. :beerbang: