Iced Earth name new vocalist....

eyesis

Not familiar with Into Eternity, so I went YouTubin' and found this:

Uhhhh... He's got some wicked high end, but I hope he leaves the growling home...

Uhhhh... He's got some wicked high end, but I hope he leaves the growling home...

I suppose there is a reason you are not familiar with Into Eternity... Didn't do anything to impress me either. I had heard of the band before, just never had a reason to check them out.

I'm all for giving a band a chance with a new singer (Lillian Axe, Journey, Molly Hatchet) but I'm not sure this is going to produce anything I would like personally. I will give the new Iced Earth a chance in hopes that I am wrong.

Still think they should have contacted Ronny Munroe.. That would have me immediately interested.

If does decide to keep the growling in, it might be the first Iced Earth album I can actually listen to! :tumbsup:

Just read about this Myself... And, like Keith I never heard Into Eternity either... All I know is that guy has some BIG shoes to fill.. I wish Him luck with it... :tumbsup:

Ok I heard the video?? and I gotta agree with Keith.. I hope He leaves the growling vocals at home.. It would SO not fit in with Iced Earth's music.....

A new vocalist could be the thing that brings me back. Every CD sounds the same, you only need one of them.... at least this first one with Stu will sound different ;)

Like most I'm not familar with Into Eternity although I had read about them so not real excited about this. But I will give it a chance and pray that the vocals aren't growly and it sticks to the Power/Thrash sound.

Now I am excited that I read today that Jon and Hansi Kursh will be writing the next Demons and Wizards disc this summer. :headbanger:

Now I am excited that I read today that Jon and Hansi Kursh will be writing the next Demons and Wizards disc this summer. :headbanger:

I hadn't heard that. Now THERE is some good f**kin' news! :beerbang:

Like most I'm not familar with Into Eternity although I had read about them so not real excited about this. But I will give it a chance and pray that the vocals aren't growly and it sticks to the Power/Thrash sound.

Just imagine it, nice melodic intro building into some heavy verses with screeched vocals, then just when you're expecting a happy, chanty chorus, "YEUUUUUURGHHHHHHH", in comes the grolwing. You'd have to laugh. ;)

Just imagine it, nice melodic intro building into some heavy verses with screeched vocals, then just when you're expecting a happy, chanty chorus, "YEUUUUUURGHHHHHHH", in comes the grolwing. You'd have to laugh. ;)

Mmmm, sounds good to me. :D

There was a story on Bmouth yesterday from Hansi about it. :beerbang:

:puke:

I'm with Wes. I hear any of that WOOOOAAAARRRRGH sh*t on an Iced Earth CD and I'm out.

There was a story on Bmouth yesterday from Hansi about it. :beerbang:

OH yea there's some GOOD fuckin news!! I LOVED their first 2 CDs!!! :beerbang:

• 7 months later...

The new IE album Dystopia is just plain awesome.

I'm in shock it's this good.

The new vocalist brings it and even co writes most of the songs and Schaffer writes his best batch of tunes in a long time.

If your an IE fan and was skeptical just buy this thing especially the deluxe edition with three bonus tracks and poster. Great stuff! :headbanger:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm with Wes. I hear any of that WOOOOAAAARRRRGH sh*t on an Iced Earth CD and I'm out.

Listened to a few songs and while 75% of the music is fine, it still has those really annoying Power Metal 'nursery rhyme-melodies' (phrase nicked from The Metal Observer) which put me right off. Some of "that WOOOOAAAARRRRGH sh*t" is probably the only thing that could have saved this one for me.

• 1 month later...

I finally heard DYSTOPIA this morning (got it for Xmas) and whoooooolly crapamoley, this thing CRUSHES. Best I.E. since HORROR SHOW, easy.

I had my doubts about Stu when he was first announced but he nails it throughout the CD. He's like the best parts of Barlow and Owens, all rolled up into one dude. Schaffer definitely made the right pick.

I finally heard DYSTOPIA this morning (got it for Xmas) and whoooooolly crapamoley, this thing CRUSHES. Best I.E. since HORROR SHOW, easy.

I had my doubts about Stu when he was first announced but he nails it throughout the CD. He's like the best parts of Barlow and Owens, all rolled up into one dude. Schaffer definitely made the right pick.

Yup great album. My fav song is probably "Anthem" as it's one of the best IE songs ever IMO. The title track, "Dark City", "V", "End of Innocence", "Anguish of Youth", "Days of Rage" and "Tragedy and Triumph" are all killer. The two bonus tunes "Soylent Green" and "Iron Will" are both pretty good too. :party421: