As Ace Frehley would say, "ACK!"

Fat Freddy

Seems that Ace Frehley is booked to perform a special concert after a game by the Tampa Bay Lightning hockey team .... and the team promoted the show by hanging a huge banner outside their arena with a pic of TOMMY THAYER (in "Spaceman" makeup) on it. Ouch.

Wrong 'Spaceman' Used On Banner Promoting ACE FREHLEY's Performance In Tampa - Feb. 26, 2011

Original KISS guitarist Ace Frehley will conclude the Lightning Concert Series presented by Volkswagen with a show after the Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Ottawa Senators game on Friday, March 11 at 7:30 p.m. The concert will be held outdoors on the West Plaza stage immediately following the game.

According to KissAsylum.com, a banner advertising Frehley's post-game performance features a photo of Tommy Thayer — not Ace — as the "Spaceman." Check out the banner below.

acebanner.jpg

:rofl2: If I were Ace, I'd be UBER-pissed.

As far as him being drunk he's supposedly been sober for the last couple of years and has seemed that way in the interviews I've seen so I hope he's not drinking again.

As far as the banner goes yeah I'd be pissed and I'm sure whomever screwed that up has been fired.

Can you imagine if this would of been for Gene Simmons but they instead used a head shot of Chris McClernon dressed as Gene in his Cold Gin days? Gene would of probably made sure everyone associated with the team was fired.

This sort of reminds me of a guy I know on Facebook who tries to pretend he knows everything about rock and metal. (he's the sort of guy that as soon as you mention a musicians name, he says he has heard of them, but you can see by the look on his face he hasnt).

He posted a make up era Kiss video (I forget which) and went on about what a great piece of drumming from Peter Criss. I had to point out that it wasnt Criss, but the far superior Eric Carr (it was from the year when Carr replaced Criss).

He didnt reply to that.

This sort of reminds me of a guy I know on Facebook who tries to pretend he knows everything about rock and metal. (he's the sort of guy that as soon as you mention a musicians name, he says he has heard of them, but you can see by the look on his face he hasnt).

He posted a make up era Kiss video (I forget which) and went on about what a great piece of drumming from Peter Criss. I had to point out that it wasnt Criss, but the far superior Eric Carr (it was from the year when Carr replaced Criss).

He didnt reply to that.

:lol: Ha that's hilarious.