Shank Rock...S/T

Dead Planet

I agree, a very solid release. I only got this one about 8 months ago. I usually have them listed on ebay but nobody seems to bid on it. I'd be curious as to how many here have heard it.

I agree, a very solid release. I only got this one about 8 months ago. I usually have them listed on ebay but nobody seems to bid on it. I'd be curious as to how many here have heard it.

Not really. Any samples anywere online?

• 6 years later...

This was their first release sung in English. Released by Long Island Records back in the day.

Their second English record 'Poglei v svet' was released in 1996.

Pretty good stuff.

SHANK_ROCK_-_Crime_Time.jpg

Tracks:

I Can't Do (Without You)
Crime Time
Like Eagles Fly
Music
Turnin' To Stone
Midnight Blues
Long Live Rock
Wine Would Do
Don't Cry Now
Black Cat ('91 Version)
Good And Bad
Helios
Dreams
Black Cat (Puerto Rican Version)

I come form the Shank rock home country Slovenia and they are the most famous band of this genre. Back around 2000 they had dreams of making it big abroad but in last 15 years they are active on home stages. They changed main guitarist and writer in 2006 and released more alternativ e sounding record, the went on hiatus and are now few years active again with original guitar master Bor Zuljan. They just released new record in slovenian language, they still stick to very melodic, positive music with strong choruses. They had a chance to play together with Steve Stevens at a big festival event few years ago. Here some links:

2 rock classics with Steve Stevens (english of course)i:

their cover of Mr BIG s TO be with you ( in slovenian)

their latest singles (in slovenian)

Restart:

Something more:

No luck without ronck n roll:

Good info. Thanks for the update. What a shame they don't still record in English, because as you say, it sounds like they're still doing what they do best. Unfortunately I have no interest in them if they don't sing in English... but it's a shame. Sounds like they could still have good input in the genre if they wanted.