new WILDSTREET EP

AlphaMale

This is AWESOME!! Anybody else checking this out??

wildstreetiifasterloude.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The self-titled debut release of New Yorkers WILDSTREET in 2009 received rave reviews around the globe.

Their glorious Def Leppard inspired affair with a hint of sleaze/glam, was one of the great surprises that year.

Now in 2011 WILDSTREET have just released their sophomore effort, a 5-track EP, “Wildstreet II …Faster…Louder”.

Wildstreet sound has changed slightly, and moulding themselves into a unit that best resembles Kix, Motley Crue and Def Leppard circa 'High And Dry'. The attitude and the energy is certainly here, and across the five tracks they let it all hang out.

Starting things off is "Shake It" that cranks things up from the get-go. If you like the riffing from bands like Kix or Sweden's hard rock heroes Bullet you'll love this. Big gang chant vocals on the chorus provide maximum impact.

"Poison Kiss" touches the sleaze genre in a slight way, with the slide guitar pushing this song into early 90's territory. Once again the harmonies show some whoop-ass chops. A very commercial, catchy tune.

Ramping the tempo up a few notches, "Hot Lixx" is less about hot women but more about the trials and tribulations of a kid getting his first guitar and learning how to play. To keep the rhyming scenario going, this song could be a Kix offcut!

I feel an early Van Halen / Def Leppard meets AC/DC style with "Cocked And Ready". The riff is one straight out of the Angus Young cookbook, though Erik Jayk's vocals sounds more like '70s era Aerosmith.

"Can't Stop The Rock" is probably the closest in feel to the debut album material, the production is a bit more spacious, the arrangement close to 'High N Dry' period Def Leppard. This track is made for the arenas.

This EP is another winner for WILDSTREET.

"Faster…Louder..." is a perfect party 'have a good time' collection of songs.

Their mix of straight ahead non compromising fun hard rock and singalong choruses makes this EP so easy to love.

Hopefully we'll see a full-blown CD release sometime soon.

Recommended

01 - Shake It

02 - Poison Kiss

03 - Hot Lixx

04 - Cocked & Ready

05 - Can't Stop The Rock

Eric Jayk - Lead Vocals, Lead Guitar

Keith Roberts - Lead Guitar, Vocals

Ali Hassan - Bass, Vocals

Brian Beck - Drums

So far...this is only available as a download. YOu should be able to get a physical copy by spring.

Wildstreet also has some new members. They played their first gig together this past weekend in NYC. Seems as though all went really well.

Recently Wildstreet had their song "Cocked and Loaded" in the newest MTV "Real World: Las Vegas".

ALSO...I was talking with Eric last night and was told.. TONIGHT FEB.10, 2011 Wildstreet should be appearing on the Kimmy Kimmel Live Show.

Heard a bit of these songs. Not sure the new direction is for me personally, but they still sound pretty cool. I did prefer the more melodic side they showed on their debut, though. Hearing the tunes actually reminded me of a thread Captain Howdy was posting in the other day, about Def Leppard going back to their pre-'Pyromania' days. One could draw the comparison that Wildstreet's debut sounded like 'Hysteria'-era Def Leppard whereas this one sounds like 'High N' Dry' era... roughly.

I don't know if the samples I heard are of a finished product or not, but I must say the production job sounds sensational.

Definitely not as good as their debut, but still pretty solid. I ended up burning three out of the five tracks. It's available on Itunes for those interested.