Ultranite - 'I want my own planet' (1989)

Geoff

Just bought this one from my new favourite site and it looks kind of interesting to me. The four comments on the main pages of this site, which I only just read, are all extremely positive but there's no topic for them here... until now.

Like with the Matt Sinner disc, I probably won't get the opportunity to hear this for a few more months, but what are the general thoughts on this one by people who own it? I'd never even heard of it in my life and just bought it based on the cover. :)

Hope you don't mind me asking, but did you pay loads for this? Seems quite expensive.

Sounds alright from these samples:

Ultranite sample

Ultranite Youtube

Matt Sinner's album is way more enjoyable imho... I dont reckon you'll like Ultranite's album much G, it's prob way too hi tech aor for you.

Yeah, I agree ! Give it to me, Geoff !! ;)

Hope you don't mind me asking, but did you pay loads for this? Seems quite expensive.

Ultranite sample

Ultranite Youtube

I think Geoff bought it from that Azintex site. For $7.99.

My Finnish friend knows me well. James, I never pay silly prices for CDs... not really ever over us$12 per disc. :)

The hi-tech comments did worry me, but the commentary about the strong hooks also pleased me. I actually don't like the hi-tech stuff much at all, but if there's great hooks I'll give it a go.

As a reference, should I be expecting something similar to Mara / World Trade / The Outfield?

Ultranite sample

Ultranite Youtube

Thanks for the samples, mate. Just heard 'Time will tell' and it sounds pretty good. My one fear when I saw the hi-tech comments was that this would have no balls. But it sounds beefy enough and the guitarist sounds to be a bit of a winner too... according to the 2nd sample. Yeah, definitely seems like a worthwhile purchase.

Azintex .... are these legit releases ?

Umm...no.

Yeah, seems unlikely. I've noticed a few of your recent purchases, Bernd, and I assumed you'd bought from them before? But then again, there are a few sources for the same discs on the interweb.

is this azintex a russian pressing disc ?

if it's unlegit, is it okay for you guys to buy it ?

Yeah, I believe they are the Russian pressings. I can't even say for sure if they're not legit - I really don't know - but one would assume so. As far as I'm concerned, though, they're silver pressed, look like the real deal and 99% of the discs I'm buying from them are long out-of-print and impossible to find. :)

i also think as long as it was factory pressed, i'm okay,

but then if it's unlegit, i think that I'm buying a pirated disc which I'm pretty concerned that the artist doesn't get a dime of it, so it's kinda mixed feeling, but then if it's impossible to find, we're left with no other option, right ? :)

Umm...no.

Yeah, seems unlikely. I've noticed a few of your recent purchases, Bernd, and I assumed you'd bought from them before? But then again, there are a few sources for the same discs on the interweb.

No, I've never heard of them before. But I had a look on their site yesterday and those prices for even newer releases seem kind of "unreal" to me.Hopefully my recent purchases were the real deal, but it's hard to tell these days.

Umm...no.

No, I've never heard of them before. But I had a look on their site yesterday and those prices for even newer releases seem kind of "unreal" to me.Hopefully my recent purchases were the real deal, but it's hard to tell these days.

Indeed it is. I noticed, for one, you got the Lancia CD recently? I'd bet my left nut that it is the same version I have, and the same one being sold at Azintex. :) As I said, though, there's quite a few sources selling these same discs at the moment.

Just heard 'Time will tell' and it sounds pretty good. My one fear when I saw the hi-tech comments was that this would have no balls. But it sounds beefy enough and the guitarist sounds to be a bit of a winner too... according to the 2nd sample. Yeah, definitely seems like a worthwhile purchase.

This turned up yet? Just wondering what the verdict is. I like the three tracks I've heard; 'Thank You' is excellent and even the instrumental is good, so I'm wondering if it's more of the same, or whether the other tracks are a bit weaker...?

Just heard 'Time will tell' and it sounds pretty good. My one fear when I saw the hi-tech comments was that this would have no balls. But it sounds beefy enough and the guitarist sounds to be a bit of a winner too... according to the 2nd sample. Yeah, definitely seems like a worthwhile purchase.

This turned up yet? Just wondering what the verdict is. I like the three tracks I've heard; 'Thank You' is excellent and even the instrumental is good, so I'm wondering if it's more of the same, or whether the other tracks are a bit weaker...?

Sorry mate, could be a long while before I hear this one. :(

It won't turn up for another week or so and I won't be listening to any "outside" CDs until after the 27th (I'm only listening to Soundwave bands till then) and then when I do get this CD I put all my unheard CDs in alphabetical order as I listen to them. As there are still about 200+ CDs there that I haven't heard, I reckon I may get to this one somewhere between June-Aug this year. :( But I will be sure as shit to let you know what I think as soon as I hear it.

It won't turn up for another week or so and I won't be listening to any "outside" CDs until after the 27th (I'm only listening to Soundwave bands till then) and then when I do get this CD I put all my unheard CDs in alphabetical order as I listen to them. As there are still about 200+ CDs there that I haven't heard, I reckon I may get to this one somewhere between June-Aug this year. :( But I will be sure as shit to let you know what I think as soon as I hear it.

200+ unheard CDs :yikes: ?! Wow mate, you need to take sick leave for a few days and bunker down for some marathon listening sessions. I mentioned to Fahrenheit awhile back that such an activity is one of my fantasies, but alas it will probably always remain so....I likely don't have 200 yet unlistened to discs (not organized enough to formally keep count...yet), but I do have a sh*tload and the pile ain't gettin' smaller :lol:

200+ unheard CDs :yikes: ?! Wow mate, you need to take sick leave for a few days and bunker down for some marathon listening sessions. I mentioned to Fahrenheit awhile back that such an activity is one of my fantasies, but alas it will probably always remain so....I likely don't have 200 yet unlistened to discs (not organized enough to formally keep count...yet), but I do have a sh*tload and the pile ain't gettin' smaller :lol:

Yeah, the biggest backlog I every really had before this was about 20-30 at one time and that was getting truly extreme.

I think I can honestly put this sheer volume down to the continued and (at this moment) unwavering strength of the Aussie dollar. I have just seen way too many good deals recently to look the other way, so I keep buying. I think it's slowed down now, so hopefully it doesn't take me too long to get through that 200 or so discs. :)

• 6 years later...

Honestly mate, not really a fan. 'Thank you' was pretty cool, but didn't really like the rest. Never been a fan of this "hi-tech AOR" kind of stuff. A bit like World Trade and stuff...