Second Spin

Kim_Hp

My first ever order from this store turned up today, and I'm really pissed of right now.... out of 7 cd's, they got 2 wrong. How the f*ck is that possible? I don't think I ever dealt with such incompetent record dealers.

One of the cd's I ordered was Huey Lewis & The News - s/t, a pretty rare disc, which I was happy to find for only $6.99. But instead of that I received some cheap Greatest Hits CD from Huey Lewis which I didn't want at all. Already a major dissapointment, I sent an e-mail to them about that. But here's the worst thing: when I opened the case of Rick Springfield - Venus In Overdrive CD, which I also ordered, it was a MICHAEL JACKSON Greatest Hits disc!!!

I feel totally ripped off. I also had to pay some stupid customs fee for receiving the package, about $25 extra, and they didn't even get the order right. I haven't checked all the other Cd's yet but this is already a mess, and safe to say I will never deal with these clowns again.

Anybody had a similar experience with them?

If you have trouble with them replacing the Huey Lewis disc, it can be picked up quite cheaply as a two disc set with Picture this.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Huey-Lewis-News-Picture-This/dp/B00000IH9N/ref=sr_1_9?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1296050735&sr=1-9

That Rick Springfield disc is hopeless, I'd probably take the Michael Jackson and consider yourself the winner. They can't really be responsible for any customs charges, as long as they helped you out by stamping "gift" onto the parcel. If they didn't then I'd be surprised if they get many international repeat customers....

Wowser. I am not really exaggerating when I say that I order from them almost weekly. And I have done so for about the last 5+ years. In that time they only ever got one CD wrong - they gave me a Diamond Rexx CD with a similar name to the one I ordered. I told them about it and it was refunded immediately.

Like a few guys say, when they deliver CDs without cases they're not always in perfect condition, but almost always fine by my standards. But more to the point, every single time I have had an issue with anything, they have always been immediate in their action to either refund you, or replace the item. I would not hesitate to call them as good an online vendor as there is.

Yeah, I have contacted them now and all is sorted out. A new Rick Springfield CD will be shipped out, but the Huey Lewis CD I can forget. I don't even think they have it.

Maybe my initial reaction was a little exaggerated, but I was really pissed off at the time. It's still very unprofessional to send 2 wrong cd's.

If you have trouble with them replacing the Huey Lewis disc, it can be picked up quite cheaply as a two disc set with Picture this.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Huey-Lewis-News-Picture-This/dp/B00000IH9N/ref=sr_1_9?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1296050735&sr=1-9

I wanted to avoid that option, as I already have "Picture This" as a single CD, but I might do that anyway since this disc seems impossible to find for a reasonable price.

That Rick Springfield disc is hopeless, I'd probably take the Michael Jackson and consider yourself the winner. They can't really be responsible for any customs charges, as long as they helped you out by stamping "gift" onto the parcel. If they didn't then I'd be surprised if they get many international repeat customers....

Tim, I don't have the package left but I'm pretty sure "Gift" was not mentioned anywhere. I think there was a box titled "gift" but they hadn't checked that. So pretty much they were resposible for the custom charge too! :doh:

Yeah, I have contacted them now and all is sorted out. A new Rick Springfield CD will be shipped out, but the Huey Lewis CD I can forget. I don't even think they have it.

Maybe my initial reaction was a little exaggerated, but I was really pissed off at the time. It's still very unprofessional to send 2 wrong cd's.

I wanted to avoid that option, as I already have "Picture This" as a single CD, but I might do that anyway since this disc seems impossible to find for a reasonable price.

Tim, I don't have the package left but I'm pretty sure "Gift" was not mentioned anywhere. I think there was a box titled "gift" but they hadn't checked that. So pretty much they were resposible for the custom charge too! :doh:

But it wasn't a gift was it? So therefore they aren't responsible???? You're upset because they didn't falsely declare it was a gift? I'm confused lol