MANOWAR

Fat Freddy

Saw this quote on Blabbermouth from Joey DeMaio of Manowar about their in-progress new album and the last line was so unintentionally hilarious that I damn near spat soda out of my nose:

Stated DeMaio: "A couple of people were wanting to know what's going on with the new album, 'Hammer Of The Gods'. Well, the truth is this: [original MANOWAR drummer] Donnie Hamzik is officially back in the band, and that changed everything for us. So all the songs that were written have been completely fucking thrown out, completely ditched — gone, never to be heard from again. The writing has changed because Donnie's back in the band and he's burning like a mad motherfucking demon on drums. So this album is gonna basically sound like I told you before — like somebody put gasoline on your fucking balls and lit it."

Um...say WHAT? :yikes: Maybe it's just me, but telling me that this album will be similar to setting fire to my genital region does not strike me as a major selling point. :rofl2:

Did you happen to hear the last Manowar album (GODS OF WAR)? It was torture. I honestly think I'd rather have my balls set on fire than listen to anything further from this band.

• My Little Pony

Did you happen to hear the last Manowar album (GODS OF WAR)? It was torture. I honestly think I'd rather have my balls set on fire than listen to anything further from this band.

I have it, but, no, I haven't heard it, yet. Honestly, I've only heard a few Manowar tracks, altogether.

I have it, but, no, I haven't heard it, yet. Honestly, I've only heard a few Manowar tracks, altogether.

It's awful, pretentious, symphonic slop. It's like listening to the score of a "Lord of the Rings" movie without any visuals.

I clocked it with a stopwatch when I first got the CD and I swear to God it's a good nine or ten minutes in before you even hear an electric guitar.

• My Little Pony

Oh, Manowar... the true posers. :stfu:

Honestly, it's why I was interested, in the first place. They look like a bunch of fools, and they clearly take themselves too seriously. How can you not love that?

If it's anything like their last few albums wouldn't it be more like somebody jamming barbed wire in my ears? :anon:

Well at least the last one. I didn't love 'Warriors of the World' but at least it had a handful of true metal anthems. And of course 'Louder than Hell' was plain awesome and it's to bad that can't return to that awesomeness.

Also wasnt' Demaio also saying how great the return of drummer Scott Columbus was and now he's saying the same shit about the return of Donnie. If he was so great then why did he leave in the first place? Sometimes I just wonder about the shit that comes out of Demaio mouth.

Their next album is a re-recording of the mighty 'Battle Hymns' and is out end of this month. This could be (note I said 'Could be') really good, as I always thought that the songs on the original were awesome, but lacked the power and production. Set your calenders for Nov 29th.

To quote.

''Re-record a classic? But think about it; in the words of the band themselves "we constantly receive requests for the classics. Our fans love the early songs as much as they love the new ones," says vocalist Eric Adams. Okay, but why re-record it? The band decided that their fans deserved to hear these songs with the massive sound and production that has become their signature over recent years and records. Finally, technology has caught up with MANOWAR's custom-built equipment and studio innovations. Now it is time to revisit Battle Hymns and reinterpret it with the unbridled power of today's technology"

:party421: All Men Play on 10!!! :party421:

...while wearing a furry loincloth, covered in a light coating of baby oil!!! :beerbang:

Also wasnt' Demaio also saying how great the return of drummer Scott Columbus was and now he's saying the same shit about the return of Donnie. If he was so great then why did he leave in the first place? Sometimes I just wonder about the shit that comes out of Demaio mouth.

I also find it kind of odd that they're scrapping everything that was already recorded just because they replaced the drummer. Is that really necessary? I mean, I can understand why Anthrax had to sh*t can the album they'd just finished with Dan Nelson on vocals and go back to Square One now that he's out of the band, but why would you start over from scratch because of a change in drummers?

...while wearing a furry loincloth, covered in a light coating of baby oil!!! :beerbang:

Seriously...is there any other way to do it??? :bananamac:

I also find it kind of odd that they're scrapping everything that was already recorded just because they replaced the drummer. Is that really necessary? I mean, I can understand why Anthrax had to sh*t can the album they'd just finished with Dan Nelson on vocals and go back to Square One now that he's out of the band, but why would you start over from scratch because of a change in drummers?

I read that as saying that Donnie isn't good enough to play Scott's parts but I could be wrong.

• 4 weeks later...

Damn. Looks like Manowar have been taking some "How to Soak the Fanboys" classes at the Gene Simmons Academy of Music Marketing... get a load of this crap (from Blabbermouth)

The vinyl picture disc, limited-edition version of "Battle Hymns 2011", the "reinterpretation" of MANOWAR's debut album, 1982's "Battle Hymns", can be personalized with your name and autographed by the band. Available for a whopping $199.95, it includes a numbered certificate of authenticity. According to a posting on MANOWAR's official webstore, The Kingdom Of Steel, if you pre-order now, you will also get the digital download immediately "for free," with a 16-page PDF booklet.

:yikes: Anyone stupid enough to lay out that kinda coin needs to be beaten severely about the face and head.

Damn. Looks like Manowar have been taking some "How to Soak the Fanboys" classes at the Gene Simmons Academy of Music Marketing... get a load of this crap (from Blabbermouth)

The vinyl picture disc, limited-edition version of "Battle Hymns 2011", the "reinterpretation" of MANOWAR's debut album, 1982's "Battle Hymns", can be personalized with your name and autographed by the band. Available for a whopping $199.95, it includes a numbered certificate of authenticity. According to a posting on MANOWAR's official webstore, The Kingdom Of Steel, if you pre-order now, you will also get the digital download immediately "for free," with a 16-page PDF booklet.

:yikes: Anyone stupid enough to lay out that kinda coin needs to be beaten severely about the face and head.

Operators are standing by so call now!

That is ridiculous. Are there really Manowar fans who are nuts enough to shell out that kind of $$$ for something as dumb as this?

I agree.. ANyone THAT stupid deserves to be beaten repeatedly about the face and head with a large heavy object, you know, like a sledge hammer or something??? :whistle:

Of course there WILL be fans that WILL buy that.. you know the true DIE HARD Manowar fans.... :yikes: