Bands In Concert - Australian Edition

glam_junkie

In the tradition of the "bands in concert" thread, here is an australian edition.

Wondering whether anyone has been lucky enought to catch any of these Aussie bands of the past:

•  
  • Bengal Tigers
  • Roxus
  • Voodoo Lovecats
  • Celafain Vain (interested to hear if these guys ever played live)
  • De Mont
  • Kickstart

I saw Roxus 2 times...both times as support acts in 1989. My first 2 gigs ever - Poison on the Open Up Tour and Bon Jovi on the New Jersey tour. I remember Juno telling the audience to go to record stores and ask for their new ep, and if they didn't have it... "Burn the f**king shop down!"

Unfortunately never got to see any of the others live as i bascially wasn't old enough for the pub/club scene back then.

Celafain Vain is one that reall interests me as it's one of my all time favourite aussie albums. Yet, i've never seen a sliterh of live footage - photos, videos, or reviews. I wonder if they ever actually palyed any gigs...

Ther was almost a Voodoo Lovecats reuntion a few years back, but that never got off the ground. ANother band i would have loved to have seen back in the day.

Hey... Good idea for a thread you had here... :drink:

I've never seen any of those bands on your list.

Would have liked to see Celafain Vain, Bengal Tigers, and Roxus.

There are so many current Australian bands I would love to see also. It is fairly rare when any of these bands play the States. I suppose it just isn't financially beneficial for Australian bands to play here.

Do you know if any of those bands ever played in the USA..?

There are so many current Australian bands I would love to see also. It is fairly rare when any of these bands play the States. I suppose it just isn't financially beneficial for Australian bands to play here.

Not sure if any of them ever made it over to the states. It would surprise me if they did.

Everynow and then an aussie hard rock band gets a few gigs over there. Kings of the Sun did pretty well over there didn't they?

And in recent years bands like The Deadthings, Torch Le Monde and Hell City Glamours have all had a little shot at it. I'm guessing Airbourne has also.

Not sure if any of them ever made it over to the states. It would surprise me if they did.

Everynow and then an aussie hard rock band gets a few gigs over there. Kings of the Sun did pretty well over there didn't they?

And in recent years bands like The Deadthings, Torch Le Monde and Hell City Glamours have all had a little shot at it. I'm guessing Airbourne has also.

Airborne has played the USA. I was actually thinking about going to the gig... But I really don't like Airborne much at all.. too much like AC/DC for me. Of course I would love to see The Deadthings. I have met Julez on 2 occasions at Rocklahoma here in the States. Really cool guy. Also would love to see White Widow. I wasn't aware that The Deadthings had played The States.

Didn't see Kings Of The Sun when they were here... but I had 2 friends who raved about them.

I would love to see The Deadthings. I have met Julez on 2 occasions at Rocklahoma here in the States. Really cool guy. Also would love to see White Widow. I wasn't aware that The Deadthings had played The States.

Yeah, a few years back they did a few shows with Pretty Boy Floyd and Revlon Red if I remember correctly. They even had a cover of Rock City News at the time. (Pretty sure it was rock city news....)

Yeah I've still got the tape at home somewhere autographed by Donald Fisher.

Remind me to tell you the story about my wife sharing a toilet seat with Bobby Fisher at a Wests Tigers game.

Ive got a turd from Bouncer from Neighbours.. but youre right... Don Fisher.... THE MAN!

Saw Roxus on the first two Bon Jovi tours and saw the Bengal Tigers at alot of gigs.A mate of mine has alot of Bengal Tigers,SAS,Taipan,Blackjack,Ion Drive dvd footage(transfers from video) and many other bands from that period.With any luck i will catch up with him soon as i would love to get this footage.

Saw Roxus on the first two Bon Jovi tours and saw the Bengal Tigers at alot of gigs.A mate of mine has alot of Bengal Tigers,SAS,Taipan,Blackjack,Ion Drive dvd footage(transfers from video) and many other bands from that period.With any luck i will catch up with him soon as i would love to get this footage.

... and then share with us!

BTYW, pretty sure roxus only did 1 tour with jovi - 1989.

Wasn't 87 support choirboys, and 93 Allan Barnes?

You're right there mate it was Choirboys,i saw Roxus support someone else that same year but cannot recall who,any help?That is going back into a very dark past there and i will let you know when i catch up with my trading mate.

You're right there mate it was Choirboys,i saw Roxus support someone else that same year but cannot recall who,any help?That is going back into a very dark past there and i will let you know when i catch up with my trading mate.

roxus supported both Jovi and Poison in 1989.

Now i remember the other gig i saw Roxus at was Poison and Roxus blew Poisson away that night.Poison just could not get their shit together,the worst gig i have ever seen and that's a shame as i love the early Poison releases,i was so let down.

Now i remember the other gig i saw Roxus at was Poison and Roxus blew Poisson away that night.Poison just could not get their shit together,the worst gig i have ever seen

You sound surprised mate ;)

Even I have to admit if I had the chance I'd see Roxus over Poison, I think. Sadly, not seen any of these bands. :(

Curious, though, Dave, who are all the Aussie bands you want to see in the US? I should check out a few. :)

Now i remember the other gig i saw Roxus at was Poison and Roxus blew Poisson away that night.Poison just could not get their shit together,the worst gig i have ever seen

You sound surprised mate ;)

Yeah mate very surprised that i parted hard earned fuckin' $ for this brand of shite.

Even I have to admit if I had the chance I'd see Roxus over Poison, I think. Sadly, not seen any of these bands. :(

Curious, though, Dave, who are all the Aussie bands you want to see in the US? I should check out a few. :)

Geoff i'm confused but that's not a hard thing to do,i would love to see Aussie bands in Aus as the USA is a bit pricey for me even with the exchange rate.

Geoff i'm confused but that's not a hard thing to do,i would love to see Aussie bands in Aus as the USA is a bit pricey for me even with the exchange rate.

Haha. Sorry mate, I was directing my question in the direction of LV KIX (a fellow Dave) as he said above that there were a heap of Aussie bands he'd love to see in the US. Just curious to know who they are, as aside from White Widdow, Hansel and Deadthings I don't really know any myself. :lol:

Haha. Sorry mate, I was directing my question in the direction of LV KIX (a fellow Dave) as he said above that there were a heap of Aussie bands he'd love to see in the US. Just curious to know who they are, as aside from White Widdow, Hansel and Deadthings I don't really know any myself. :lol:

That's cool mate as my radar get's fuzzy after a few brews. :crazy: