Classic threads folder?

JamesEagle

I don't know whether something like this has been discussed before, and it might be a rubbish idea, but one of the other (lesser) message boards I used to frequent had an area for "Gold Talk", i.e. classic threads. I think the moderators closed certain threads that were particularly memorable, funny or perhaps even ones with particularly heated debate and put them in that folder. It just means that the best threads aren't lost in the ether of time and can easily be dug out for a laugh or a bit of reminiscence. Would a similar thing work here? Or is this just the most pointless, idiotic suggestion in the history of our species?

th_shrug-1.gif

You should be :baneed: for such an idea...

:nyanya:

Hmmm... as a general rule, we don't lock threads, regardless of how old they are, so anyone is free to dredge them up at any time.

The only exception is the Retrospect Records forum, which is set to read-only.... and no, I'm not reopening that. :wacko:

-Dan

Hmmm... as a general rule, we don't lock threads, regardless of how old they are, so anyone is free to dredge them up at any time.

The only exception is the Retrospect Records forum, which is set to read-only.... and no, I'm not reopening that. :wacko:

-Dan

Ummm... Maybe you can just open it for a week or so... :anon:

I think locking the thread is probably the worst thing about the idea, I shouldn't really have mentinoed that bit ... just thought it might be good to have somewhere to look at the 'classic' threads without trawling through the whole site. Especially for relative newcomers like myself. I don't mind trawling though and the site is great as it is, so not to worry. :tumbsup:

I'm not sure I'd want certain (alright, most) of the 'classic' threads I was involved in coming into the spotlight tbh :P people tend to change, grow up etc...I wouldnt want newcomers forming opinions of me based on posts I made when i was 16 simply because I don't have time to post regularly on here these days :P