NYMPHO - VIP

glam_junkie

I have been put off purchasing this one for a while now cos the cover is just terrible. WHo in the right mind would buy a cd looking like this:

nympho.jpg

I picked it up from cd baby for $5 and let me tell you this is one great cd. It's got a very early 90's hair metal sound. No modern twist to it at all.

"Tits & Ass" has got to be one of the best songs of last year.

Anyone else actually given this one a listen? Thoughts?

Yeah I picked this one up from Perris Records (if I remember correctly) a while back. I've only given it one spin since I got it but I wasn't disappointed at all with what I heard.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, this is good stuff, just picked one up with a few others I've been meaning to buy from CD Baby, thanks for the heads up :drink:

No worries. I just think sometimes people overlook Perris releases cos they're staring you right in the face the whole time, but after listening to this one I thouhgt i'd better give credit where it was due. All except for the cover of course!

• 3 months later...

Thanks to this thread this band have another fan. Like Lindsay, I picked it up from CD Baby and colour me impressed. The cover (and all awkward band photos included) is atrocious, as pointed out, and doesn't even match what these guys are trying to do musically. They're all dolled up in make-up (complete with facial hair) looking ridiculous, but there's no point. This isn't even a glam rock release, musically. Just good solid 80/90's hard rock / "hair metal."

But yeah, everything's solid here right down to even having a decent production job. If they clean up their image and get rid of the pointless make-up (the lead singer and short haired guy are particularly offensive) they should go alright with album number two, assuming it's on it's way. Nice surprise, and thanks for the thread.

• 2 years later...

You guys know these guys released an equally impressive follow-up in 2012? Another very solid slab of 80's flavoured "hair metal." It's basic, it's raw and it won't touch your top 10 for the year, but it's not a bad little disc at all. I'd actually like to see the guys on a good label with a more polished production job to play with.

Nympho - Alone In The Dark

1343047476_199b464846db40b34331d458e89c6cb1.jpg

X-rated

Treat Me Like Na Animal

I Am Hate

Dreams Are Not Enogh

I'll Come Running

Here Comes Truble

Rock Me Hard

Don't Walk Out On Love

Sexual Something

Alone In The Dark

Hollywood Heroes

Dreams Are Not Enough (acoustic Version)